My new Gen3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellorp23

Reaction score
Having sorted out the issues with Williams BMW Manchester and my HP4, I decided an upgrade was required. Although the HP4 was a fantastic bike, I had sort of fallen out of love with it. Although it was the Carbon edition it was missing some of the original stuff, the main one being the Akrapovic system. The Austin Racing system was just too loud even with a modified baffle. Having previously test ridden the Gen4 and dismissed as I wasn't impressed, a quick ride on a Gen3 and a straight swap deal is struck. 2018 Gen3 with HP levers and footrests, Akrapovic slip on end can and not many miles. It's exactly what I wanted. A bit more electronics than the HP4, with all the original parts included, lower miles on the clock and not too loud. I'm still not convinced about the the cruise control but I don't have to use it (although I have). Heated grips are wonderful. However it doesn't have the special look of an HP4. Maybe a few more decals are required.

Cruise Control is the BEST!!! Give in to the darkside, it's brilliant in towns and avg speed camera zones as well as motorway cruising.

Bike looks very clean, congrats.

Cruise Control is the BEST!!! Give in to the darkside, it's brilliant in towns and avg speed camera zones as well as motorway cruising.

Bike looks very clean, congrats.
+1 on the cruise control, brilliant once you get used to it especially when you hit the 30?s and 40?s ??

I thought it gimmicky, it wasnt long till I realised the benefits of cruise.. particularly on a long straight stretch, I take my hands off the bars for a rest and just use my body weight to keep the bike on the right line... it really is excellent !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new steed, looks very tidy as Alex says!

Oh and another vote of support for cruise control from me [emoji41]

I have to confess that I do now appreciate the cruise control as I unfortunately went through a speed camera (on my Ducati I might add) and had to attend a speed awareness course to avoid any points. I tend to stick to dual carriageways but occasionally going through average speed areas I use to to preserve my licence. I'm not sure BMW designed it for that but they you go. But one annoyance is, because the gearing isn't standard 50mph on the speedo the bike isn't actually travelling at 50mph
But still glad I chose it over the HP4, I do feel it's a bit of an upgrade, and so glad I didn't buy a Gen4. Maybe when the next generation comes out and the engine isn't subject to multiple recalls.....
In the meantime when not riding the big boys toys I built this

https://flic.kr/p/2o2RoUE

Welcome Phil!

+1 Cruise Control, use mine like the others in speed restricted & average speed zones, we even have 20mph b*ll*cks zones around me too and I use it there, not that the Uber drivers worry about them.

Thumbs up on your 2T Aprilia I like the shape of that swing-arm, engine sounds really sweet on your video too.

I have a 2001 Aprilia 125 which I was trying to rebuild..... its a rolling chassis which has a new leak on the gasket between the two engine halves. The only gasket I didn't change... if you know anyone who can rebuild a 125 2T Aprilia engine I'd appreciate a name/number

I have a 2001 Aprilia 125 which I was trying to rebuild..... its a rolling chassis which has a new leak on the gasket between the two engine halves. The only gasket I didn't change... if you know anyone who can rebuild a 125 2T Aprilia engine I'd appreciate a name/number

I rebuild all my own engines but if I was to pay someone I'd send it to Sean at TTW https://www.thetuningworks.co.uk/services.html

Back