Travel insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just had our EuropePlus travel insurance renewal come through. Price was good (better than last year!) but they've added an exclusion for riding bikes above 250cc. As my days of mega distance by 125cc are behind me (soooo far behind :distant: ) we're going to need a new provider.
Won't be doing track days but need to make sure we don't screwed by the fine print for dangerous sports/activities exclusions.

Any recommendations for annual, multi-trip, biker-friendly policies?

My experience of annual (general) travel insurance policies was that they mostly exclude riding motorbikes over 125cc. ie they would cover hiring a scooter or moped locally, but would not cover touring on a larger bike. In pre-Brexit days the EU health card would cover medical treatment in Europe, but more important now to have better cover.

Perhaps like ski-ing, touring on a bike may be available as a 'dangerous sport' add-on to general policy.

Last edited:
I used to use Divemaster Insurance, partly cos I dive, but also because their holiday insurance allowed you to ride anything you're qualified to ride in the UK. Annoyingly that clause started coming in and out, but worth checking what this year's policy says...

I used to add it on for a bout ?20 pa as "dangerous sport package" with insure and go, swapped to skiclub policy this year, might have to take eurotunnel cover or similar this year

Thanks All

Thought it was going to be horrific as most were ?130+ but, after much surfing, I wound up on Carole Nash. Worked out at ?63 for two people, annual multi-trip, no motorcycle exclusions/nonsense (apart from track days or racing obvs). All sorted :)

Lucky you. I won't do business with CN because they have repeatedly refused to quote me for an RR, even in years I've insured it and other bikes for ?500...

Back