Radiator and oil cooler guard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMW's own are quite cheap.
Evotech otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Radiator and Oil Cooler Guard

I was less than impressed with the BMW Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards. They came free with my Gen 4 but didn?t really offer that much protection especially given the state of my radiator after a couple of trackdays. That said anything is better than nothing.

Re: Radiator and Oil Cooler Guard

I was less than impressed with the BMW Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards. They came free with my Gen 4 but didn?t really offer that much protection especially given the state of my radiator after a couple of trackdays. That said anything is better than nothing.
Big rock defence only, right?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Radiator guards severely restrict airflow causing engine to run at hotter temperatures that affects it performance and life span

I've had the RRGs on a number of bikes and they're well made, always do a good job and are great prices. Bit of lockwire and/or some zip ties and they're done. Even have an easy fitting video available for all the ones they supply!

Last edited:
i have the plastic one made by bmw, i would have had evotech but if there was an overheat issue then its their own product.
I've had evotech on bike since I bought it. Up to fast group on lots of tracks last year. Almeria 4 days October. No overheat issues. Gen 3 and bike is stock

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had the evotech guards on an s1000r for over 3 years. Rode in hot, humid summers and on track on 90F days (novice group but still). Never had an overheating problem.
Have the BMW plastic ones on my RR now and no issues though not yet ridden in summer or on track. Does seem like it has fairly open grid so yeah I was thinking same as above: big rock defense only.

Back