My S1000RR Sport 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My S1000RR Sport 2016 Winter Upgrades!! Mar 23

Crowe Performance Map

Have removed the Power commander units that came with the bike and opted to go with a full map by Phil @crowe performance. It was a mighty long drive from London all the way to Lincolnshire. He used the BMW HP RCK3 for my bike so all electronic aids have now been revamped.

In addition to this he has added an audible TC function on this so will be interesting to hear that. Ill be taking it very easy on my first outing on it on track. I imagine it will be very alien to me now.

The bike made 200whp

Carbon frame covers

Because Im a tart.......ordered from carbon2race. Doesnt fit perfect but itll do.

All done for now.

Will be getting it back on the road from April. Will be my first ride of it in 6 months.

Trackdays booked so far.

- Brands indy 19/04 full day
- Portimao FE May

Also got these from FWR for Portimao to try

Update

Long overdue update......lots changed since the last post. Nearing end of track season now so probably a good time.

2 Euros and a handful of UK track days and it looks like quite a different bike now.

She is now a track only bike. I have given up riding it on the road as saw no point in it. Now dressed in CRC track fairings in lovely BMW fire blue. (still have the road fairings in a box).

2 Euro trips included Portimao in May & Jerez just last week in October.

Just before the Jerez trip i made the biggest change yet which was to fit Ohllins suspension all round :peaceful:

Summary of changes

- CRC Track fairings
- Ohlins TTX GP
- Ohlins FGK fork Cartridges
- Ohlins Steering Damper

Portimao May 23

This was first ride of the bike after RCK3. On reflection i had the DTC on way to high. It kept cutting in far too often restricting progress.
Although wanted to be cautious as i know the RCK3 changes the DTC parameters. Riding this season has taught me that it hates any quicker riding on the higher levels of DTC

https://youtu.be/V5t8qheJAY4?si=oxC3kJGpSnn_oIhr

https://youtu.be/nq110t9ic-E?si=V3xThYnLdSUf084h

Track fairings

CRC track fairings in BMW blue fire. This was a gen 2 colour offering and im more than happy at how it has turned out. I love it! :glee:

Ohlins Suspension

An oppurtunity arose that allowed me to get full Ohlins Suspension for not anywhere near the full cost so took the chance and removed the DDC for it.

Ohlins TTX GP shock 85 N/mm Sping
Ohlins FGK cartridge 10 N/mm spring
Ohlins Steering Damper

Serviced at SW suspension before fitting & set up at their Donnington workshop after.

Re: Shy's S1000RR Sport 2016 - Ohlins/Jerez Oct

Jerez Oct 23

My first visit to Jerez!

This was the first test of the Ohlins since fitting. I dont have any previous times to compare with but i managed to do a 1:55 on my first visit.

I think my review at the moment is that everything was very normal lol. There was no drama throwing the bike into corners at 100mph+

I had full confidence in the bike and what it was doing beneath me. I also felt like i could get the bike turned into a corner with far more ease where as before i would struggle somewhat.

Next year when i go to Portimao i will be able to compare lap times from DDC vs Ohlins.

Video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwH-QZwf2M

Last edited:
Back