My S1000RR Sport 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im booked on for this Thursday at Brands hatch on an evening session which promises 18*C :chuncky:

That'll be my last chance to get comfortable till shes packed up for the big one in Portimao!

I havent updated this as well as I had planned :rolleyes:

Will do a little photo dump and add some track action videos to make up for it.

The first Brands indy day was far too cold and gave me little in the way for confidence in riding the bike before Portimao. I found niggles with the gear selection and general comfort on the bike.

Brands Indy Evening NL 14/04/22

Booked in for an evening session at Brands this time with ideal temperatures :surprise:

- Changed to GP shifter pattern
- Less aggressive rearset position
- Test of SLICK mode

Bike was amazing and really sync'd with the BMW well. Just what i needed before going to Portimao.

Portimao 6-8th May

Perfect in everyway.

Good weather, organisation by TDO and a faultless bike.

My 1st time at Portimao and managed a 2.01, my aim was a 2min lap lol

Chucked the conti slicks on at lunchtime of the 1st day. Instant 3 sec quicker at a time i still didnt fully know where i was going.

I think they work HA!

I will definetly be making this a yearly trip. I believe Redline do portimao every May.

Re: My S1000RR Sport 2016 Brands Pics/Videos

Brands Indy Evening session on the 15/06

Fastest I've ever been on the BMW. I put this down to great weather (25deg) & really gelling with the bike now. Got to consistent low 53s laps around indy with the best being 53.14s on Supercorsas.

No more trackdays booked atm but looking to do snetterton in late june or mid July. Theres some 2 consecutive day dates im tempted by.

Link to Youtube video of last & best session.

https://youtu.be/WtY236b_dmM

Re: My S1000RR Sport 2016 - Pic heavy Brands/Snett

August Update

Another Oil change using Motul 300v......i treat her well :lemo:

Think its only been 595mi since last change but was mostly track miles. Still overkill but keeps my mind at peace lol.

2 trackdays were done since this post.

- Brands Evening 12/07/22
- Snetterton 19/07/22 (that 40deg day :topsy_turvy:)

Not much to report on Brands....I did get to try my brand new Dainese 1PC which I loved. Although it is quite the struggle to get in and out of.

Brands was very manic and fully booked so didnt have a great time tbh. Also some shockingly varied levels of experience in the middle/adv group. I did however get the slicks back on for this and kept them on for the 19th. (No pics :sour:)

One near highside going down paddock when i got too happy with the throttle. It could of been ugly!

Got a funky new bike stand too.....Constands central lift. Picks the whole bike up from the frame. Really like this at the track. Although for anyone looking at this and has the Shifter in the GP location. Take note that the stand bolt head requires grinding down or else it fouls on the QS. Might of been ok with an aftermarket QS but not the bulkier OEM one.

Snetterton wasnt bad up to a point 40deg at peak. I'm not that great at snetterton and still learning how to ride it properly. After lunch went out for 1 session and had some serious brake fade after just 4 laps.

I called it quits after that as I didnt see much point.

I did take the temp gun with me and saw 77 deg on the rear haha.

Have done another brake fluid change in anticipation for Brands GP as i imagine it got a little warm from snetterton LOL

Next trackdays will be;

-18/08/22 Brands GP full day
-21/08/22 Snetterton (maybe)
-31/08/22 Brands Indy Eve

Re: My S1000RR Sport 2016 Winter Upgrades!! Mar 23

Winter Upgrades!

So now I've gotten acustomed to the bike I wanted to start making some changes of my own to it.

First thing I've done is fit a Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta. This had a rather dramatic change to the brakes i wasnt expecting. The 2 differnt settings that can be changed with the turn of a screw driver really make a big difference.

I managed to fit this just before the August indy day and felt a very consitent lever aswell as what felt like an increase in stopping power.

Fast forward a few months.........

I stopped using the bike around October time I think so was happy to start taking the bike apart to make more considerable changes.

Suspension/DDC

I started off by whipping the front forks off. Have taken them to MCT suspension in December where Darren has fitted a softer spring into one of the forks for me.

The gen 3 runs a weird setup where one spring is different to the other. He said they all tend to vary somewhat with what spring is actually in there. Tested my old spring on a rig and it was one of the heaviest he had seen.

Anyway it has a 9.5N/mm spring rate now which should make a difference.....I hope!

I've also paired this with a 2D potentionmeter.

This has given me the oppurtunity to split the adjustment on the front DDC with Rebound and Compression.

Before this it would just allow you to adjust Dampening in a range of -7 to +7

I've yet to get someone to properly help me with what settings i should be dialling in so will hopefully sort that soon.

Lap Timer

Purchased a 2D GPS laptimer which plugs into the original bike loom. This will autotrigger & display on the bike dash. Really simple & effective.

Cant wait to see how slow I am

Akrapovic Racing Line System

Decided to ditch my current exhuast set up and go with a full purpose built system to squeeze any performance I could out of the bike. Alex was splitting his Gen 3 so was quick to jump on this. Spent far too long polishing the pipes as best i could by hand

Its alot louder than I was expecting! I know it passes noise test with a baffle but will get round to buying a larger silencer for the UK days soon.

Quick refresh from MHP.......Highly recommend him!

Back