Start em young

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Having a look around some bikes yesterday, I?m wanting back on a beemer as it?s been too long.

The wee man says he likes it but has to have DDC and ride mode pro, he?s got taste!

29-F1-FF5-D-B3-D8-4-DEB-B6-AC-D6105-C1-D1-E9-C.jpg

It was fine, had a chat about what I?m wanting, specced a bike and will decide this week coming whether to go for it or not.

Well I?ll probably decide by Tuesday. The wife is convinced I?ve decided already but I?m a nightmare, I?ll probably chop and change another few times.

I?m wanting a black sport, he told me to add the M chain as well, only issue is he might struggle to get a black bike but failing that I don?t mind the style passion.

Estimated handover date is the 12th but I?ve put it off until the 19th because my current insurance runs out on the 19th, so it saves any fannying about.

Looking like Tuesday for collection. Been a bit of a delay, also a **** up with regards to spec. BMW?s fault, not even the dealership but BMW themselves.

all to do with the SOS add on which is now base spec and can?t be removed and has bumped the base price up.

Base spec? ffs....

so the base spec of the s1000rr sport was ride mode pro, ddc etc etc, can?t remember the exact price but the SOS button at the time when I ordered the bike was an add on, can?t remember the cost but I didn?t want it anyway.

fast forward to now there has been 5 bikes delivered from Germany that have it fitted even though it wasn?t specced, and the base price for the sport should be x amount more.

Now I had a feeling something was different because a few weeks ago I had a look at the configurator because my friend was wanting a look and I seen that now the SOS was added automatically and you can?t remove it and the base price for the sport was more.

I didn?t realise it was going to be an issue for me. They?re going to sort it so I pay the original price which they?ll have to do with the others because at the end of the day it wasn?t specced and I didn?t want it, the deal was made before BMW decided to do this.

Back