Gen 4 race / track bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone built a gen 4 race / track bike just I was wondering what swing arm length your running and I?m using the electronic suspension so any electronics and suspension settings to start with.

Cheers

Lee

I'll defer to actual racers but from what I know. 16/43 120links...whatever length that gives you.

just fitted a set from Phil crowe, he suggested 16 44, lengthens wheelbase by approx 8mm

Thanks lads.
Any views on the electronics ?
Traction , engine braking , anti wheely and also suspension settings.
I?ll be using a front potentiometer so will be fully adjustable.

Thanks lads.
Any views on the electronics ?
Traction , engine braking , anti wheely and also suspension settings.
I?ll be using a front potentiometer so will be fully adjustable.

16 43 120 links.

No one rides 16 44

what you need to do is to ask a suspension guy to set params for your weight. Note, the bike must be on and warm before you set anything.

Gen 4 Race / Track Bike

16 43 120 links.

No one rides 16 44

what you need to do is to ask a suspension guy to set params for your weight. Note, the bike must be on and warm before you set anything.

+1.

16 43 120 links.

No one rides 16 44

I'll be riding 16 44 now! Phil (crowe performance) actually talked me thorough the geometry changes that come with different gearing, being close to 16stone & 6ft tall, he recommended this combo for me. 525 Alpha racing sprockets to fit oem endurance chain.

As far as i am aware most guys who do a lot of track days or have track specific Gen 4s leave the swing arm length. Changing the gearing is the better option, not only offers better drive but lengthens the wheelbase a little. It makes the bike less wheelie prone but still retains the agility.

Suspension really needs to be setup by a suspension guru. Not that the electronic suspension is difficult to use, far from it. You need to get the sag set first before twisting/hitting buttons.

16 43 120 links.

No one rides 16 44

I?ve just went 16 44, supposed to be a good all round combination that works everywhere, can?t see it being a whole lot different to a 43t other than a little shorter and nippier

I looked at Hicky's TT machine...it's a 15T front. This isn't necessarily what he'll use at the TT...I suspect it's what they use in BSB. Now annoyed I didn't photo the rear one...I suspect they run 15/43.

After speaking to Adrian at Fortis Racing there go 15:43 with 120 link chain roughly 620 wheelbase.
had already purchased a 16 front so went for 46 rear with an extra link to 121 to get to 620 wheelbase.
Part reason for the 46 is that i use the Dunlop moto 2 rear which is a 200/70,which is about 14mm heigher than there 195 and 10mm higher than a Bridgestone vo2 200

Back