Luggage options???

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Cole

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any luggage options? I was interested in maybe saddle bags style luggage to go on the tail but something that won?t end up scratching the paintwork.

thanks in advance

Jim

Hepco and becker sportrack with Kriega luggage.

https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/

https://kriega.com/sports/touring

Any luggage which sits on the tail would probably work but the sportrack is good for it to sit on.

The luggage is secure and watertight the only drawback is getting into the luggage to quickly remove something is a bit of a pain as once it's packed on it's a chore to get in it without removing most of it again.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Some saddle bags won't work with tail tidies, so be careful if you go that way. Traditionally I have used BMW tail bags but for the gen 4 I have Hepco plate although I haven't used it yet.

I?ve not heard of Hepco & Becker, However I do have a few Kreiga bags including Kriega US20 dry bags. Could I be cheeky and ask if you have a pictures of you setup on your bike please?

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim, Hepco & Becker plate with Kriega bags set up for me. Fantastic kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend ventura system, not cheap but easy to fit and use

I?ve not heard of Hepco & Becker, However I do have a few Kreiga bags including Kriega US20 dry bags. Could I be cheeky and ask if you have a pictures of you setup on your bike please?

Thanks
Jim

No bother at all Jim. I used the same combo on my two gen 3?s also. Fix the plate to where the seat/cowl goes then strap your bags to the plate. I only use a US20 and US10 and that does me for 3 weeks in Europe.
c4a74aeb8236c7996258dfbf4772bec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic there skel [emoji106].. fun fact and hijack apologies [emoji120]

There's an actual family that lives in Eilan Donan.. I done the NC in September with a wee pal of mine and she wanted to do the castle tour, I hate stuff like that but it was a pretty good to be fair..the upper floors are all cordoned off where their living quarters are lol...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Is that a ventura option or some adaption of the hb system (looks like it might take a givi box?)

Is that a ventura option or some adaption of the hb system (looks like it might take a givi box?)

Bottom pic is the Ventura arms with top box option (you just add the appropriate plate). The other pics are the seat replacement rack, modified to take a givi plate (had to widen the hole to allow the key placement). Not actually a H&B, but a German equivalent which came with a lock fitted (eBay item number:112679536992) - same principles apply

Thanks lads for all your the pictures and options to choose from. I?m going to Belgium for a few nights in April. I?ll have a think of which luggage option to go for!

Thanks again!!!

Jim ?????

Thread revival.

A word of warning for those thinking about the Ventura rack on a K67.

It's a must to have the pillion seat in place as the arms and under tail tube fixings have a lot of flex in them (much more than on the K46). I used the Ventura extensively on the K46 but had a poor experience on the K67 so won't be using it again.

Back