DDC ignition on vs off feel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXJAP

Reaction score
I?m having problems with the DDC on my 18 RR, the bike is super stiff regardless of which mode I?m in or how soft I set the damping, it?s as if the suspension is stuck in race mode + full stiff damping. If I turn the bike off then the suspension is rock solid as always but with the ignition on I seem to remember that it was soft (too soft) until I pulled away and then it would firm up but remain compliant, can someone confirm this? Thanks in advance, Steve

Hi, It?s freezing at the moment so your suspension, tyres etc will feel stiff. My car feels like it has no suspension at all at the moment. J

Absolutely, but I?ve been chasing this problem since September, there is no discernible difference in feel regardless of which mode I have it in or +7 compared to-7, it?s stiffer than my lads race bike

No, that?s actually a good idea, the ddc calibrates ok, I?m pretty sure it?s something that I?ll have to go to the dealer for, it feels like it?s stuck in super stiff setting, I can?t remember for sure but I think that when it?s working correctly when you turn the ignition on the suspension instantly goes from locked solid to soft and bouncy, mine instantly goes to very firm, on the road it?s skipping and hopping of any imperfections, feels almost like there?s 150psi in the tyres ?

I?m in Nottingham unfortunately, I?ve just read a similar of a similar problem on a 1000r, his needed a factory reset/calibration, a dealer only job, I can put mine on the paddock stand and go through every permutation of mode and ddc +- setting and can?t feel ( by bouncing on the rear) the tiniest bit of difference, but as I keep saying, is yours super soft with ignition on but engine off?

Might not do anything, but try a DDC recalibrate when the bike is on its side stand and see if that does anything?
IIRC there?s sth in the manual about this.

Just in case anyone is remotely interested, had the bike in the workshop at AJ?s today, a software update and the ride height sensor calibrated to the pcm, problem is finally sorted. A big THANKS to all the staff there who were only too happy to help- in complete contrast with my local BMW motorrad dealer ?

Back