Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lower belly pan?

Re: Lower belly pan?

Ask them or anyone you're ordering from abroad to put a low value on shipping. 'Pretty please' or I'll give a great review normally helps. Works for me. I forgot to ask the other day and it cost me £63 tax for some stickers from Italy.

Thanks for the advice Jamie. Always slightly nervous about the import duty from a non UK business.
    I’ve seen the belly pan on an eBay seller site too but will investigate further.
    Cheers.

I've only been refused once by a US reseller. Everywhere else in the world has agreed to put $39 on the labels. I got a very large box from RPM which I could comfortably fit in with no tax.

But remember since January 2021 Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress automatically add the vat to the amount you pay on pretty much everything over Approx £40. It just annoys me when the tax is more than the item.

I find that going direct to the seller and asking for a discount instead of ebay, you can get better deals as they don't have to price in Ebay's take and if you don't ask you won't get.

Also check Amazon's country sites. US, Germany etc as stuff can be way cheaper and then Amazon ships internationally internally. It was on Martin Lewis's show. Even Bosch dishwashers from Germany etc. When I moved in 2020 it worked for me. I bought loads.

Now before I get hate mail, I do try to buy everything in the UK but with a recent hideous one way divorce, funds are low so it pays for me to shop around as I'm keeping this bike as it's the last one I'm buying and I want to get it perfect.

Before the divorce I was literally paying more corporation tax through my business than Apple, Amazon, Starbucks etc combined. Honestly. They pay less than £2000 in corporation tax in some cases....

Also, always pay by credit card as you are protected but in decades of buying from abroad I've never had anything but great service from abroad. I can't say the same for UK sellers apart from Sportsbikeshop. They're the best.

Jamie

Riding
    HP 4, M Sport

Depends on the seller if you ask for a reduction on the export statement. I've just bought an expensive zoom lens from Japan as in last week, I asked the vendor the same thing.. his reply..its breaking the law so therefore NO !.. lol worth a try s'pose.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Great advice. Thanks for the pointers on the import duty and for taking the time to go into detail. Appreciated.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER SANDPIPER's Avatar
    Riding
    Gen4 2020 SCHWARZ

I can't recall if I did with the bellypan as it is below or close to the cut off value of £135 but here's the link to the definitive answer either way its not a dealbreaker for goods of this value https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Cheers. Useful info to know.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Pedro3178's Avatar
    Riding
    S1000RR M Sport

My one arrived today. Looks to be well made , weight is practically nothing. Will be fitting to bike tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The throttle jammed officer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro3178 For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    HP 4, M Sport

Dress it up with a set of these..15 day delivery..

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKpS3Zg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Attachment 6375
    Last edited by stuartb; 6th May 2022 at 08:07 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Reaperman's Avatar
    Riding
    2021 S1000RR M

A worthwhile addition to the RR me thinks...had mine on for a couple of weeks now and it just adds to the existing lower lines of the bike....the M decal was off ebay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 S1000RR Msport