Lower belly pan?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got a full system on yours ? I could be interested too.. decatting leaves a big "gap" in the bikes lines.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I've put one on mine, personally I think it looks better than without and I've had no issues with it since installation - a year ago
b3b19375efbf3bd922fc9528f484ccc6.jpg
b3a12ce7592f165339d6328f5d94a906.jpg

Sent from my XQ-BC52 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Quick question on using graphics/ stickers. Any specific type needed due to the belly pan being metal and probably gets hotter than the sun next to the cat? Also, where from? Ta.

Articel Pos. Art. no. Amount Price Total
auspuffabdeckung-auspuffblende-belly-pan-fur-bmw-s1000rr-2019-2020-197020_200x200.jpg
1 197020 1 116,81EUR 116,81 EUR
Exhaust cover, Exhaust trim, Belly Pan for BMW S1000RR (2019-2022)

tecbike_logo.png

Question. Do you end up paying import tax/duty on its arrival if you order from BikeTec in Germany?

Ask them or anyone you're ordering from abroad to put a low value on shipping. 'Pretty please' or I'll give a great review normally helps. Works for me. I forgot to ask the other day and it cost me ?63 tax for some stickers from Italy. :culpability:

Thanks for the advice Jamie. Always slightly nervous about the import duty from a non UK business.
I?ve seen the belly pan on an eBay seller site too but will investigate further.
Cheers.

I've only been refused once by a US reseller. Everywhere else in the world has agreed to put $39 on the labels. I got a very large box from RPM which I could comfortably fit in with no tax.

But remember since January 2021 Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress automatically add the vat to the amount you pay on pretty much everything over Approx ?40. It just annoys me when the tax is more than the item.

I find that going direct to the seller and asking for a discount instead of ebay, you can get better deals as they don't have to price in Ebay's take and if you don't ask you won't get.

Also check Amazon's country sites. US, Germany etc as stuff can be way cheaper and then Amazon ships internationally internally. It was on Martin Lewis's show. Even Bosch dishwashers from Germany etc. When I moved in 2020 it worked for me. I bought loads.

Now before I get hate mail, I do try to buy everything in the UK but with a recent hideous one way divorce, funds are low so it pays for me to shop around as I'm keeping this bike as it's the last one I'm buying and I want to get it perfect.

Before the divorce I was literally paying more corporation tax through my business than Apple, Amazon, Starbucks etc combined. Honestly. They pay less than ?2000 in corporation tax in some cases....

Also, always pay by credit card as you are protected but in decades of buying from abroad I've never had anything but great service from abroad. I can't say the same for UK sellers apart from Sportsbikeshop. They're the best.

Jamie

Depends on the seller if you ask for a reduction on the export statement. I've just bought an expensive zoom lens from Japan as in last week, I asked the vendor the same thing.. his reply..its breaking the law so therefore NO !.. lol worth a try s'pose.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Great advice. Thanks for the pointers on the import duty and for taking the time to go into detail. Appreciated.

A worthwhile addition to the RR me thinks...had mine on for a couple of weeks now and it just adds to the existing lower lines of the bike....the M decal was off ebay

Attachments

• C5558BA9-DD36-4D5B-A4B9-8222A651CAE3.jpg
    C5558BA9-DD36-4D5B-A4B9-8222A651CAE3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
Back