Rim damage to HP forged wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels

Excellent news. Glad to hear Motoliner managed to straighten it without issue.

Wheel straightened at motoliners this morning. Great job, all sorted. Tommy's view is HP forged are an easier wheel to fix (when it comes to forged wheels) and never really had problems with them. It's done cold, so no heating. Took a couple of hours. He said that straightening doesn't compromise integrity and it could be done again (and again) if necessary. Thumbs up to Tommy and motoliners!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Great news.. pity about mine lol

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Great news.. pity about mine lol

yeh I did mention that Stuart. He said it's rare that he can't repair a forged wheel or that they crack. Sounds like different brands respond differently and luckily (for me) he said the HP are particularly easy to work with

Definitely not as bad as mine.. touch of good fortune there my man..

1. Can I ask what did they charge you for correcting it.
2. Are there any marks on the rim.. just curious how it looks now.
3. I'd just touch that wee bit up with some paint if that's all that's visible..

2ba7adb42c5d7a9264be95c558008d6b.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely not as bad as mine.. touch of good fortune there my man..

1. Can I ask what did they charge you for correcting it.
2. Are there any marks on the rim.. just curious how it looks now.
3. I'd just touch that wee bit up with some paint if that's all that's visible..

2ba7adb42c5d7a9264be95c558008d6b.jpg
thought I'd ask him to check the discs whilst I was there. they were both slightly out. He said that can sometimes happen after hitting a pothole.
?80 for the rim
?20 for the delay discs
The rim edge was damaged and flattened, but he managed to square that off again so it looks back to normal.
There are no marks on the rim as he touched it up at various points.

Back