Rim damage to HP forged wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
just noticed a rather large dent in rim of front wheel. Not sure how it's happened but wondering if anyone knows of a service that will sort this out, straighten the wheel if necessary?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

as above,top guys,straighetned quite a few things for me over the years...

you can post if it's too far away to drop off,but will do it whilst you wai if give them enough notice

as above,top guys,straighetned quite a few things for me over the years...

you can post if it's too far away to drop off,but will do it whilst you wai if give them enough notice
thanks. Near enough for me so I'll give him a call and take it in

If that was you asking on FB then I'd avoid the hammer and a piece of wood advice..............

haha,i'll be honest,i have done that back in the day,before i leant how to use a manual tyre machine properly...

Mine was fucked when I sent it down to them, think the forged don't reshape particularly well... bag of sand to replace !
e17f298fb84979b862df72afa8fc2475.jpg
a2d1ebe74770cdce82cae1cf9953eabd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yea sent it down to them.. they sent back pics after trying to reshape the rim and a crack had formed.. new rim needed [emoji849].. forged are quite difficult to work with..yours might be OK tho..

That looks bad Stuart. Was it a pothole and did you manage to stay upright?
I've no idea Rob.. it was there after an Oban round trip to the seafood joint..

I wasn't conscious of hitting anything, but I was charging on the whole way, so my mind was focussed on what I was doing if that makes sense..no adverse effects that I noticed...other than the shock of clocking the rim when I reach the house lol.

I've no idea Rob.. it was there after an Oban round trip to the seafood joint..

I wasn't conscious of hitting anything, but I was charging on the whole way, so my mind was focussed on what I was doing if that makes sense..no adverse effects that I noticed...other than the shock of clocking the rim when I reach the house lol.

same for me, haven't got a clue how it's happened

Yea sent it down to them.. they sent back pics after trying to reshape the rim and a crack had formed.. new rim needed [emoji849].. forged are quite difficult to work with..yours might be OK tho..

I'll get it down there and see what they can do. Mine doesn't look quite as bad as yours but still, it's mot that far off!

I'd suggest Forged are less malleable than a standard Alloy rim due to the manufacturing process they go through..

Post up a pic or two, let's see the damage.

Last edited:
I'd suggest Forged are less malleable than a standard Alloy rim due to the manufacturing process they go through..

Post up a pic or two, let's see the damage.

don't think I can post pics. I'll update this thread after it's been to motoliners

Fyi you can link to hosted photos or upload if you take out membership [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wheel straightened at motoliners this morning. Great job, all sorted. Tommy's view is HP forged are an easier wheel to fix (when it comes to forged wheels) and never really had problems with them. It's done cold, so no heating. Took a couple of hours. He said that straightening doesn't compromise integrity and it could be done again (and again) if necessary. Thumbs up to Tommy and motoliners!

Back