Gen 4 tank repair

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've managed to get a small dent in the side of my tank. Its only small so I'm hoping to get it knocked out from the inside rather than a full repair / paint job. The first guy I took it to thought it would be doubled skinned so didn't want to take the job on.

Can anyone confirm if the tank does have a double skin please?

Gen 4 Tank Repair

I've managed to get a small dent in the side of my tank. Its only small so I'm hoping to get it knocked out from the inside rather than a full repair / paint job. The first guy I took it to thought it would be doubled skinned so didn't want to take the job on. Can anyone confirm if the tank does have a double skin please?

Get in touch with Charlie Morris at M Motorsport Ltd. He does absolutely fantastic work repairing race exhausts and fuels tanks. You can contact him via Instagram (m_motorsport157).

Reply from Charlie, after @RyS1000RR recommendation
"Hi, yeah that doesn?t have a double skin so should be fine. If you want me to do it send some pics over and I?ll take a look!"
Thanks for the help.

Gen 4 Tank Repair

Reply from Charlie, after @RyS1000RR recommendation
"Hi, yeah that doesn?t have a double skin so should be fine. If you want me to do it send some pics over and I?ll take a look!"
Thanks for the help.

No problem. Glad to be of help.

Turns out it was not possible to remove the dent from the tank due to its position and the thickness of the metal at that point. So a local guy has completed the repair and added a bit of extra colour to what was a plain white tank. Its all paint, I'm quite please with the way its turned out. Just need to see how it looks on the bike. And not dent it again.

Tank 3.jpg

Tank 4.jpg

Cracking job. Looks factory to me in those pictures. BMW take the P with the default colour schemes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back