Anyone fitted a sat nav?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babarr46

Reaction score
As per title.
Ive just bought a zumo 660 & it comes with an active charging mount, i really wanted to know if this is best directly wired to the battery or from an ignition side power source ie: so the power is off when the ignition is.
The instructions are extremely helpful as they say use a suitable 12V power source. So if anyone has fitted one where did they draw the power from? As i have heard of people pluging in the data logger power source and blowing up the sat nav! :eek:

I have my zumo 660 plugged into the data logger output. I would guess I have covered over 10k miles with it plugged in. Maybe I have just been lucky. I have an inline fuse, so that would blow before the zumo.

Mine is wired direct to the battery with the Zumo inline fuse. The front tank panel and side covers come off very easy to allow the wires to be routed.

Someone on here had issues at the first service wiring the satnav into the data logger port. The bike could not have the rev limit restriction removed until the satnav was unplugged.

Allan

The limiter came off 22k miles ago so that ain't an issue but if direct wiring works then that's the easiest option,( cos wont be leaving the unit on the bike when I'm not on it anyway!).
Cheers guys! :)

I bought a plug from BMW. Cut and spliced the Garmin lead to that. It means its very easy to remove the cradle from the bike as well. Mine had no problems with the rev limiter either.

My new tank bag from sw motech has a water proof satnav holder,i'll be using my tom tom but wondering where i can wire in a cigarette lighter socket on the bike with cutting in to any of the loom.?? Im hoping i can plug it in to where the oem bike alarm plugs in ??

I too hsve the sw-motech tank bag and satnav bag I fitted it at the weekend but I think the satnav mount will not be any good its to close under your chest so will get the stem mount instead, as for power I am going to use a powerlink products panel mount and drill a hole in the small plastic panel that connects the fairing to the badge holder a wire diect to the battery

Here is a link to powerlink products http://www.powerlinkproducts.co.uk/

DSC_0070-1.jpg

My sw motech satnav mount is in front of the tank bag i hope ??? Its being delivered tomorrow so i can confirm then

My kit turned up today i got the bags connection engage with the adjustable satnav holder with quick release fuel tank ring,satnav is in a excellent position and wont get in the way when crouched over the tank,bag is slopped to match contour of the tank so wont be uncomfortable when chest is on it ;) cant post a pic as im in my phone

Back