Bar end removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
This may have been asked but is there any way to remove the internal threaded part of the bars so ordinary, expanding bar ends can be used (Gen 3)? Or does this require replacement bars?

Last edited:
Integral to the OEM bars. Why the need for expanding bolt bar ends when threaded are infinitely more secure?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Integral to the OEM bars. Why the need for expanding bolt bar ends when threaded are infinitely more secure?

Messing around with different options for weights, lever guards etc. Currently have an adapter for M12 - M6 in there (which is, apparently, made of cheese so is resisting my attempts at removal!) but would like to have a choice of ends without resorting to creating increasingly ridiculous workarounds...

M12 bar end clutch side and brake lever guard which uses stock M12 thread. Job's a good'un.

Nice easy solution but not much good if the bar vibration is an issue. Most lever guards operate on the weight saving principle so going the wrong way for me!

Currently managed to use the Evotech hefty bar ends with BikeTek lever guards but having to use an M6 bolt as the bloody Raximo thread adaptor won't come out! If I can get the adaptor out (tried an Easy out but it threatened to burn out my drill first. God only knows what grade thread locker I used!), I'll widen the hole on the lever guards so I can use an M12 bolt straight through but would honestly prefer to lose the threaded insert idea altogether.
As I said, I like to change things around from time to time and the current set up is restrictive.

Have a look at the posts in Forum sponsors. Positive Vibes Bar Ends. I have many happy customers for sorting vibration issues up to Gen 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back