Velocity Stack position when bike is off

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edd1e

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled the airbox velocity actuator off by mistake when removing the airbox earlier. Getting the actuator pin lined back up with the locator on the velocity stack arm was a bit of a pain. Essentially i lifted the stacks to their 'up' position which meant the motor just about lined up with them, but there was quite a lot of resistance as i clamped the motor down with two locked together. The stacks are now in the 'up' position.
Just checking i've not done something stupid here, but tbh i can't see how else the two would line up at all.
So, when the bike is off, do your velocity stacks sit in the 'up' position... as in, they are separated from the main tubes.

never worked on the gen 4 but taken the r1+gen3 airbox to bits many times,the stacks move freely on thier own,it's only when they ar connected to the actuator that they have resistance,but the motor controlling it will always set itself when ignitio is put ion,so from my experience,doesn't matter what position you leave them in,they will self correct (assuming you've actually fitted tem back correctly ;) )

the stacks on the gen 3+4 are auto adjusting,making them taller+shorter at different rev ranges

Back