Back protectors mandatory for track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the RST site...

Every V4.1 will also come with one years' complimentary racing algorithm upgrade. The voucher code for the free years' algorithm is located on the care label of the product.

I don't see why usage should need an upgrade, utter bullshit. If they want a subscription model they can send a new suit at the start of each year...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All these non dainese/a-stars airbags are from in-motion

I've had my RST for a year.. the sub is 12 quid, you can suspend 4 months each year, my hiatus started last month with a reduced payment of ?4 per month. It CANNOT be switched back on during this period (so they say). I'm guessing that's to stop people ******* them about.

I didn't fancy the idea of sending my suit away in the event of an off and I couldn't get any clear indication as to how long it would take to turnaround (Dainese, A.Stars) not forgetting damage etc.. meanwhile what do you use ?.. buy a pair maybe [emoji848]..

BTW the RST 4.1 race suits are made REALLY neat. I had a 42 and a 44 sent out from SBS the 42 was too tight the 44 looked as though I had a nappy hanging off my arse so I returned them both and had a 42 and a 44 Pro series sent out, the 44 was the suit of choice..SBS free returns is the best thing ever and they were brilliant to deal with as usual..

70ebf339176e01c51f910045310b4a49.jpg
cbef49a7ae1f759b867501b41d78b3f3.jpg
587b02e0f1137014911fb38f7edf1ae2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Only thing with the RST is the subscription service. Am I right in thinking you need your phone on you for it to work as well or is it just to activate it?? Sportsbikeshop couldn't answer that for me and frankly I didn't want to encourage subscription services for things like that.
You don't need to have it on your person if thats what you mean, you use the app to switch on or off, handy over a weekend say..the battery is easily removed and can be charged as you go..I've had mine switched on for a full weekend numerous times without the need to recharge...its a decent bit of kit.

From the RST site...

I don't see why usage should need an upgrade, utter bullshit. If they want a subscription model they can send a new suit at the start of each year...

I agree, a new suit might justify a subscription but to justify continued use of software - nonsense

Re: Airbag

suppose you have to work it all out
Rst suit ?800 ish ?20 a month for 6 month over 3 years = ?1160
A stars Suit is same i think ?7/800 A Stars vest ?1000 = ?1700/?1800 over 3 years
Dainese suit not sure but guessing they aint cheap ?1700 ish with airbag included

other costs are the cost of sending the suit off for a reset once required and the inconvenience of lost time waiting for it to come back, think the RST and family of suits dont need to go back until after 6 activations?
so on paper for me in terms of cost even with track subscription for 6 months of the year its better value for money, saying that i still opted for an A Stars system:friendly_wink:
It's 3 deployments Mut then send it back (recommended)..

I agree, a new suit might justify a subscription but to justify continued use of software - nonsense
Broaden your thoughts lads....Your also paying for the constant changes in the algorithms which they monitor, the app is updated with new algorithms the more the suits are used... this transfers to ya suit keeping us all safer ! You can also switch between road and track which clearly have different maps.

I've spoken to a few lads trackside who've had a tumble and they say the suit worked brilliantly..resetting was a dawdle too..

Last edited:
As he also has come to feel safer in the suite he bought another for ?800 second hand.
Its worth noting...your lap times drop dramatically as you can now ride like a wild man because your safe as houses hahahaha [emoji38] still not as good as the strutter bubble tho... https://youtu.be/VC-pvJ-2KQQ

Last edited:
Dainese

A mate has the Dianese Air. It took around 2 months away plus a No option ?1200 repair bill. No major damage just scuffs.

Wow. My D-Air suit came back within two weeks and was considerably less than that!

Dont quote me but i think the rst vest is basically the same as the ixon (same manufacturer), ?12 a month for the road algorithm, and for the track algorithm its ?20 a month.
you can cancel the subscription any month you do not use so i guess its like a pay as you go service.
mut

It's ?20 a year for the additional track access..........if you pay in one go then it's ?128 for the year for both road and track access.

Broaden your thoughts lads....Your also paying for the constant changes in the algorithms which they monitor, the app is updated with new algorithms the more the suits are used... this transfers to ya suit keeping us all safer ! You can also switch between road and track which clearly have different maps.

I've spoken to a few lads trackside who've had a tumble and they say the suit worked brilliantly..resetting was a dawdle too..

My complaint is that track use is more expensive. ?240 a year is a piss take.

My complaint is that track use is more expensive. ?240 a year is a piss take.

It's not ?240.........the additional track add-on is ?22.05 a year.(basic road use is ?105.85)

Re: Dainese

Wow. My D-Air suit came back within two weeks and was considerably less than that!

my suit took about 2 months to come back,but was a lot less to repair,think around ?400 .great suit,but doubt i'd by another due to the serviceing pain

Dainese

Mine too, and about ?250. Think you can get them done at the London store now as well.

I sent mine to my usual D-Store but I?m not sure whether it was then sent back to Dainese in Italy or repaired in the UK. To be honest I never thought to ask. It came back with a completely new airbag system fitted, professionally cleaned, and with a telemetry sheet showing how fast I crashed etc. The cost (approx. ?250) was acceptable given the price of the suit (M2M).

Back