Back protectors mandatory for track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
Seeing posts on social media that?s it?s mandatory from March 22? as per rules with brake lever guards

still got time to ask Santa to ditch the Lego request and maybe switch to a back protector if you haven?t got one

Marc

From 1 March 2022 back protectors will become essential for those wishing to ride on track, in the same way that front brake lever guards are required for your pride and joy, we believe you should ride with the best available equipment to reduce the risks of serious injury if an accident were to occur.

Please also note that in an update to circuit and insurance regulations, from the same date, a motorcycle licence will now be required at all circuits; however at Anglesey, Croft, Lydden and Mallory Park we will accept restricted/A1 licences as well as any valid ACU discipline licence as proof of competency. At MSV circuits, as has been the case for a number of years, they will continue to require either a full DVLA motorcycle licence or a valid ACU Road Race licence.

there will be a few people struggling to zip thier leathers up next year :)

Back Protector

Just bought new leathers with airbag so no additional back protector required.

I would just check with the TDO first. My Dainese D-Air suit came with a separate back protector to be worn in conjunction with the airbag system.

I am thinking to go with an RST 4.1 next...maybe even MTM. What did you get?

Only thing with the RST is the subscription service. Am I right in thinking you need your phone on you for it to work as well or is it just to activate it?? Sportsbikeshop couldn't answer that for me and frankly I didn't want to encourage subscription services for things like that.

Only thing with the RST is the subscription service. Am I right in thinking you need your phone on you for it to work as well or is it just to activate it?? Sportsbikeshop couldn't answer that for me and frankly I didn't want to encourage subscription services for things like that.

No you don't as far as i know. There is a unit called the brains which plugs into the back protector. Subscription is ?12 a month for three years I beleive, after that you own it. Not looked into it as yet as won't be going on track until March. But going off what a mate with one has said.

No you don't as far as i know. There is a unit called the brains which plugs into the back protector. Subscription is ?12 a month for three years I beleive, after that you own it. Not looked into it as yet as won't be going on track until March. But going off what a mate with one has said.
Dont quote me but i think the rst vest is basically the same as the ixon (same manufacturer), ?12 a month for the road algorithm, and for the track algorithm its ?20 a month.
you can cancel the subscription any month you do not use so i guess its like a pay as you go service.
mut

Re: Airbag

suppose you have to work it all out
Rst suit ?800 ish ?20 a month for 6 month over 3 years = ?1160
A stars Suit is same i think ?7/800 A Stars vest ?1000 = ?1700/?1800 over 3 years
Dainese suit not sure but guessing they aint cheap ?1700 ish with airbag included

other costs are the cost of sending the suit off for a reset once required and the inconvenience of lost time waiting for it to come back, think the RST and family of suits dont need to go back until after 6 activations?
so on paper for me in terms of cost even with track subscription for 6 months of the year its better value for money, saying that i still opted for an A Stars system:friendly_wink:

Back