K67 Basic Maintenance and torque values

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anywhere that states maximum travel on suspension legs?

Here you go, tech spec for Gen 4 forks. 120mm at the wheel or same on fork

There's a surprising amount of subtle changes. Clutch works the opposite way round ie Gen 3 no play, heat introduced play, now 3-5mm and heat closes takes up the play. ie it it's gone from a push to a pull. J

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 6.06.24 pm.png

Last edited:

There's a surprising amount of subtle changes. Clutch works the opposite way round ie Gen 3 no play, heat introduced play, now 3-5mm and heat closes takes up the play. ie it it's gone from a push to a pull. J

View attachment 6229

Thats very interesting !!
I'm still having trouble getting my HM qs to work..
One of the problems stated could have been the clutch as it has a double switch on at the bar for the cruise control. Also I've always claimed the standard shifter becomes less affective when hot, thats why I changed it.

Last edited:

View attachment 6229

Anyone measure the distance between the 2 dust seals? Mines at the stealers ....

I bought an HM OE up and down QS for my Gen3 and it was the biggest load of shit I've ever experienced. Tried two in fact. Set up properly but I never knew if it would shift or just nothing. Solid gear change lever.

It was such a relief to get back to the OE one which you can rely on.

They couldn't explain it but it may be due to refreshing of the ECU and reducing the cut time? That's the only thing I can think of.

J

Last edited:
I bought an HM OE up and down QS for my Gen3 and it was the biggest load of shit I've ever experienced. Tried two in fact. Set up properly but I never knew if it would shift or just nothing. Solid gear change lever.

They couldn't explain it but it may be due to refreshing of the ECU and reducing the cut time? That's the only thing I can think of.

J

Getting away from your post so last comment. I've had it at Dave woods then to BMW who did exactly that and still no joy. Going to try a longer rod and move it round on spline for one last attemp. HM will never see another of my pennies.

J

Same here, reverted back to OE.

Gen3 Lohmann is the shifter to use. Plug and Play - never misses a beat, unless my foot flaps :p

Back