Gen 3 noise/tappety?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Akrapovic

Was that with SS ? (I still don't see how it makes a difference personally!!)

There is no difference in power between the Stainless Steel (Racing Line) and Titanium (Evolution Line) Akrapovic exhaust systems. The only difference is the latter is more expensive and weighs less. If you do fit one you will likely need to either flash the ECU, or fit a PCV, and have the bike mapped so it runs properly.

If you remove the cats then that's going to mess with the fueling?

Yes but I've read (on here) that on the Gen3+ it can handle it so maybe Akra think so too if they tell you you can fit essentially a full system (their SS manifold + 'slip on') without having any mapping done.

Tbh at this point I'm wondering whether I just take it to the local place (HM Racing) and let them fit the pipes and a PC5.

Yes but I've read (on here) that on the Gen3+ it can handle it so maybe Akra think so too if they tell you you can fit essentially a full system (their SS manifold + 'slip on') without having any mapping done.

Tbh at this point I'm wondering whether I just take it to the local place (HM Racing) and let them fit the pipes and a PC5.

If you are going to the hassle of replacing the OE system then you might as well do it properly with a flash or PCV etc........at least you have somewhere close in HM that know S1000RR's. It was a 10 hour round trip - twice - to get mine sorted.(not by HM)

There's a difference between it 'working' fine with just a decat and realising its true potential with a map.
Dave at HM will see you right.

Back