Floating discs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Just how floating should they be?
Got a set of BSTs, complete overkill for the road I know, but hey when you?ve done 70k she needs some more bling. The discs have a small amount of movement in them. Not enough to foul the calipers, but more than on the standard wheels. Braking performance is as expected including a semi emergency stop but wondered what would be considered excessive. Bolts are torqued up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if they are full floating thenthey will move quite a bit,and will also be very noisy in comparison,but with "normal" floating doscs,3mm or so either way is ok

if they are full floating thenthey will move quite a bit,and will also be very noisy in comparison,but with "normal" floating doscs,3mm or so either way is ok

Thanks. Only get noise when hard braking to a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So floating forward and backwards.... absolute ZERO movement. Should fail MOT if they do.

Side to side, 3-5 mm max but it takes lot more than that for the disc to explode and crash the bike if you're unlucky.

I see more cracks in discs than too much side float.

J

Back