New tyres?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zxcv12

Reaction score
M9rr?s- not impressed on track, fine on the road but I prefer a V shape not a U shape please
M7?s - fine on track, good on the road too but still that U shape?
K3?s - bloody great but not going into winter
S22?s - better than expected but I don?t really remember anything special?
So? A V shape for quick turning, can handle a trackday, cope with low temps and rain IF ridden with respect.
Any recommendations please?

M9rr?s- not impressed on track, fine on the road but I prefer a V shape not a U shape please
M7?s - fine on track, good on the road too but still that U shape?
K3?s - bloody great but not going into winter
S22?s - better than expected but I don?t really remember anything special?
So? A V shape for quick turning, can handle a trackday, cope with low temps and rain IF ridden with respect.
Any recommendations please?
V02s

imo your after a holy grail of tyre. dont think there will be many or any that are good on track days and low winter temps.
I?ll take a compromise, but they all seem to be U shaped! But yes basically, holy grail please.

S22 or Rosso 3?s are all you need for the road. Decent enough for the track, I?ve used them all on track and they?re absolutely fine. Rosso 3 was a bit iffy on the 1299s when pushing but still coped.

S22 or Rosso 3?s are all you need for the road. Decent enough for the track, I?ve used them all on track and they?re absolutely fine. Rosso 3 was a bit iffy on the 1299s when pushing but still coped.

Rosso 3 is shiet on track, when it warms up, it slides all over

That?s what the traction and slide control is for, they are absolutely fine for the occasional track day like I said. If you want a tyre that?s fine as an all rounder and predominately a road tyre that will be used in wet weather as well then you can?t go wrong with them.

That?s what the traction and slide control is for, they are absolutely fine for the occasional track day like I said. If you want a tyre that?s fine as an all rounder and predominately a road tyre that will be used in wet weather as well then you can?t go wrong with them.
I guess key word is occasional. If it is, it's fine.

Yeah I think if you were going to be doing more track days than what would be deemed the occasional track day then the sensible option would be to have a spare set of wheels with dedicated track tyres fitted.

Common in Germany for car owners to have spare set of wheels in the garage. Law says you must have winter tyres on cars when there is or may be snow. Not sure if applies to bikes tho.
There is no winter tyres for bikes as far as I know

Maybe not but you can get tyres that are much more focussed on inclement weather than dry days.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd wanna use them but...

This tyre is also Mud & Snow rated ? proof that it meets the stringent standards of countries where approved tyres are a legal requirement in winter months.

s-l300.jpg

Back