Newbie From Ireland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,

Joined the forum to learn more about the S1000rr , things to watch out for when buying or common issues with them, general advice from experienced owners and of course to see some of yer own classy bikes.

Unfortunatley do not have one yet (S1000rr) but looking to purchase a Gen 3 model in new year,

Cheers James ?

Welcome to the forum James.

Per the other welcome thread asking the same this week. The Gen3 is pretty sorted. Every bike is going to have been treated differently so it's always slightly tricky with 2nd hand.
Battery's tend to be the source of most electrical issues, but then the generators/rectifiers on a few have been replaced, from 2017 BMW beefed up the Genny so they must have decided it needed that in the end.
They can vibe through the bars around 4,000 rpm, which is usually highway cruise speeds. Heavy bar ends can fix that.

My 2017 has done just over 10k miles and its, touch wood, never needed more than fuel, tyres and brake pads.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the message and the advice much appreciated. It can be a bit daunting buying a 2nd hand sports bike we all hope to get our hands on a pristine kept bike so hopefully I?ll have that luck when buying. I really like the 2017/2018 colour schemes , would ideally like to get an original one and do the upgrades myself but time will tell.

Good to hear that your S1000rr is going great. I?m sure you?ll get many more trouble free years out of it.

Back