Gen 4 Frame and levers colour (repair) question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GManRR

Reaction score
Hello!

My Racing Red Gen 4 might have gone for a little excursion in the kitty litter during my last trackday. Despite not being massively damaged and most damaged plastics already changed, I have now aquired a number of scratches on the Frame (between tank and fairings) and a couple of marks on my clutch lever assembly.

Questions:

1) what colour code is the frame's sort of shiny black paint? would that be "Black Satin"?
2) has anyone tried repairing the paintwork on the frame without pulling the whole bike apart? any tips?
3) any suggestions to what spray paint i could use to freshen up the lever? would that be something like matt black?

TIA

You could look at fitting some carbon frame covers which will reduce your costs?
I have a set of ilmberger carbon covers for sale (see my listing) at a much reduced price from new
Just a thought

I heard this was a good match for the frame paint, haven?t used it myself yet though.
P/N 51911900346

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could look at fitting some carbon frame covers which will reduce your costs?
I have a set of ilmberger carbon covers for sale (see my listing) at a much reduced price from new
Just a thought

Hi mate. I cannot seem to find your listings (probably me!), can you send me a link or message please?

Cheers,
Ross

Back