An Exhaustive question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watkins58

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My new S1000 RR M Sport is going to be delivered end of the week (fingers crossed) So am already rhinking about getting rid of the big ugly exhaust. I have done some research, and would realy like to get a full titanium Akrapovic with the MotoGP end can, nut have already been warned by the supplier that this will be very loud almost painfully loud. So just wondering if anyone has this exhaust system fitted and how loud is it?
I leave for work at 05.30 am, so dont want to be the guy that keeps waking up all the neighbours

Akrapovic

It will be obnoxiously loud. It will also significantly restrict you if you ever want to do UK trackdays as it won?t pass noise testing.

Well if you commute on the bike you will be that guy??.if it?s going to be ?painfully loud? then don?t bother, simple as that. The wife?s bike is like that and it?s a pain in the arse to ride, annoyingly loud.

Somebody started up their full system Gen4 at Rykers; even with earplugs in, this thing hurt. Go for a slip on and a full belly pan to clean up the lines. I opted for a Pro Race slip on. Uses the standard mount and even without the baffle it's not obnoxious.

I'd say the Akra is quieter than the AR I had on my gen3.
I live down a quiet close and cringe a little when I leave for my commute at 06:30.
I try and start and gently fook off and none of my neighbours have a problem.
Just have to be extra careful with the revs until it warms up

I have a full Akra Ti system with GP can and on cold start for the first 20 seconds or so it?s bloody loud but after it?s warmed up I don?t think it?s that bad and does quieten down quite a lot

Thanks everone for your thoughts and advice, i will go with a slip-on option and get a cover to hide the cat.

I rode the new S1000R with the Akra MotoGP slip on end can. For noise it is far better than the stocker but not over the top. It saves a good amount of weight and gave the bike a tad more character.

You wouldn't have an issue getting on most tracks with that end can. And if you did, well takes two mins to chuck the stocker back on.

I?ve got the full Akro system and didn?t think it was that loud that it caused a problem.
I?ve done Oulton Park twice with the baffle in and it tested at 101db with no issues on the drive by monitor

This exhaust could be of interest. Looks pretty good and seems to have a nice sound (also comes with a baffle I believe which looks to be removed in this video):

https://youtu.be/3T5apfM9UyA?t=543

Warning: the end of this video is not pretty so you may want to skip that.

I have that slip on, sounds pretty good but after extensive testing I now keep the baffle in I think it makes the bike run rough with it out and the exhaust pops are too much with it that I ran it in rain mode to stop them. All subjective though

Hi, I have the akrapovic stubby slip on... on at the moment and it pops and gurgles nicely on the overrun etc. I did notice when looking at putting a full system on mine that if you choose the optional header rather than evolution, then the stock exhaust could be put back on for trackdays and should pass (well at my local Cadwell)...

I may stand corrected though!

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

i have the full Akrapovic Ti system (with the full length end can) on my track bike. I would not ride it on the road, at least not without the baffle. I think the MotoGP style end can will be stupidly loud. So yes, even with the normal full system, you'll be 'that guy' at 5:30am. If that bothers you.. is up to you.

Last edited:
Hi, I have the akrapovic stubby slip on... on at the moment and it pops and gurgles nicely on the overrun etc. I did notice when looking at putting a full system on mine that if you choose the optional header rather than evolution, then the stock exhaust could be put back on for trackdays and should pass (well at my local Cadwell)...

I may stand corrected though!

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

If you mean putting the stock end can on with the Akrapovic header then you can. Seen a few guys in the US do it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphMF96odvw

Back