track day Vans

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, ive done one track day on my bike and rode it there and back, hard work after a good track day. Im now swapping my pick up truck for a brand new crew cab custom, i know my bike will fit in the back but just wondering if anyone uses one and if they have pics of the rear set up? I know it fits in on an angle but I just wanted some ideas of other things to get in there. I was going to carpet it all and also insulate it as well as then building some shelves and the like for storage. It will be my daily commute and also waht I use for work. I just plan on doing a fair few more track days next year and making life as easy as possible for myself.

Ste

Did that to mine, had it stolen then couldn't be arsed to do it again in case it went missing again. Bought another, boarded it out, put numerous tie downs in it and a hook up for electric. Just throw down some foam and a blow up in now when I go away. Just load up what I need....

Use none slip galvanized rubber mat
Personally I'd have all my stuff in boxes I can load/unload quickly
Van is set up with a removable front wheel chock. I only need 1 ratchet strap but I do have a LWB van so it goes in straight and against the side. Wide ramp is handy.
TD equipment to me is stands, warmers, generator, fuel, pressure gauge and a pump. All loaded/removed in minutes. Riding equipment goes in a big bag.
For a day trip a minimum of a chair & food. For a stop over gazebo plus whatever you need and takes longer to organise than the bike.
I would not store anything of value in the van so no shelves, maybe hooks and fixing points

Hello, yes I want to build shelves with lips so I can load and unload boxes easily. i was thinking of putting a front wheel chock in the corner as the bike needs to go on a slightangle to fit anyway, then also possibly some rails for clothing and the like

Are we talking about a back of van like this? Transit Crew Cab?
Amazed it goes in even on the angle!

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 11.29.39.jpg

I think with the bulk head in your gonna struggle. Using a wheel chock you would need more length ( don't we all) then absolutely no chance of shelves.. could be wrong though

The rear is bigger than you think in a lwb. It's 190 to the bulkhead straight. Bike is around 200 long so a slight angle and it will be ok. I'm also going to buy a wider ramp so it's easier to get it on an angle
76a118e47e581db7895deca7ce902ab0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Found one. This is a lwb crew cab. New it would fit on an angle. Looking at it there is still a fair bit of room as well
c3b7f2d0f6c323d9f4746580f8235854.jpg

What's the length of loading bay compared to the length needed straight on? I make the bike 2.11 approx tyre to tyre + bit for the chock. Be handy straight in rather than humping it around. Do they have twin side doors?

It's 190cm to the bulkhead. It will go in comfortably on an angle and then I'm putting a front wheel chock in the corner so the bike stays upright.

Partners are a lot smaller, the swb id have no chance but the lwb is huge in the back, then if i build a load of shelves and the like, then ill have plenty of storage . Planning on doing some more track days next year plus also doing scotland again but this time with the family, i can fit the bike in the back then and go for a ride whilst the wife drives to the next bnb

Back