To all the things that have failed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I'm on Dec 2019 Beemer and I have been relatively lucky with all the issues.
Only changed the oil cooler and Hayes seals (altho Hayes are gone by now as they didn't survive my tracktime)

Until Oct 2021 when one lovely Sunday morning this happened

image.png

The engine tried to get past 9k RPMs but it couldn't enable the shiftcam.

The day was pretty much over. Had to retire from the race on a warm-up lap.

Bike went to Alpha who found error codes in shiftcam sensor.

The more the bike stayed at Alpha the more errors they found, but in the end these bits needed replacement

20211028-215123.jpg

Shiftcam sensor, crankshaft sensor and IMU. All showed error codes.

:-| not heard of those sensors going before. Has anyone else on here had them replaced?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ive had my gen 4;s upto 6000 miles with no issues. first would have been engine out if i hadnt wrote it off though. is this an issue more for heavy tracked bikes?

ive had my gen 4;s upto 6000 miles with no issues. first would have been engine out if i hadnt wrote it off though. is this an issue more for heavy tracked bikes?
I guess. Shiftcam switches on after 9000rpms, not often you see that on road.

Wasn't the shiftcam sensor in 2019 bikes a common failure on race bikes? (road use seems to be unheard of)

exact same issue on my 2020 wouldnt go over 9k revs went to dealers twice and they said it was a shift cam sensor and reset it and sent me on my way, once i opened up sometimes it would go past 9k revs sometimes it would cut out then i got the red message 'serious fault in the engine control' so now the good weather arrived bike still in getting looked at :( theyve said it has a failed shiftcam and hopefully get bike back for weekend
just put HP4 through and mot so hopefully back on road for weekend no matter the outcome ... been recovered by bmw twice now in last month and twice theyve said someone be with you in 90 mins both took 5 hrs :( im looking at joining an AA or Rac now for quicker recovery time
im purely road use
was trying to upload images but not sure how

Latest posts

Back