Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrow or Akrapovic?

Riding
    2018 S1000RR Sport

Arrow or Akrapovic?

Got a choice between two new sets of stainless steel downpipes, less than a ton between them.

Road riding only, not fussed about weight differences (can always eat less cake if I need to), don't give a monkeys about snob-value, and will be using a Mivv end can. Briefly considered Black Widow but can only find reviews (mostly positive) for lower power bikes. I ride all year round so don't want to take the chance on something which might rot faster than the original (had some horrific Honda experiences!).

So, nice and simple, is there any noticeable difference between Arrow or Akrapovic headers?

Riding
    2021 RR msport

Re: Arrow or Akrapovic?

Akrapovic will always hold second hand values higher than Arrow, don’t know if that matters to you? Both Arrow and Akrapovic are quality items

Probably not no. Both reputable.

Akra probably flows a tiny tiny bit better

Arrow or Akrapovic?

You can’t go wrong with either brand.

Riding
    2018 S1000RR Sport

Ok, thanks all. Went with the Akra as there wasn't a lot in the price (Arrow £570, Akra £630 from Demon Tweeks Ebay outlet). Would love to say it will affect the resale value but I have an astonishing ability to lose money when I sell a bike

This is beyond my DIY confidence levels so will drop it into my local garage for sorting. I've ordered a couple of Healtech ESEs too, anything else I might need?

Akrapovic

Installation is fairly simple and the instructions are linked below. You may want to have the fuelling checked on a Dyno once fitted.

https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.ne...fcfa2e491e.pdf

Riding
    2018 S1000RR Sport

Pipes delivered today! Rapid service from Demon Tweeks, so now waiting for the ESEs and gaskets. Bike's booked in for next week so hopefully everything arrives on time. Already impressed with the 5kg weight saving on the pipes

Riding
    2018 S1000RR Sport

So, that was expensively disappointing.

Turns out that the Akrapovic optional headers only fit an Akra silencer. If you buy the Akra silencer for the stock headers, you get a reducing sleeve to make up the 10mm diameter difference but you can only fit their silencers to their pipes.

So, that's going back and I've ordered the Arrow instead (and yes, I checked that a stock can will fit the Arrow!). Trouble is, it's going to be a few weeks so the garage are having to put the bike back together so I can use it in the interim. Didn't think to ask if they fitted the PCV though?

Ah well, at least the original dyno run showed a nice smooth run, apart from a drop-off around 11k, and I rarely pull away from that lights at those revs...

Riding
    2021 RR msport

Just realised that you have a Gen3 with the dual exit pipes, I’m suprised that there’s a fit issue with Akrapovic they’re normally spot on

Riding
    S1KRR 2017 Black

I went with black widow. Direct replacement without the cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast!!
    2017 S1000RR Sport - Positive vibes bar ends, HP Rearsets, HP levers, Akrapovic shorty, Black widow headers, BMW comfort seat LighTech chain adjusters, Evotech tail tidy, R&G crash bungs and cotton reels, BMW dark smoke double bubble screen, Stahlbus oil drain valve. 60k and counting
    K8 GSXR750 - Yoshimura R55, de-cat headers, BST wheels, Ohlins TTx, Gilles rearsets, Pazzo shorties, Smoked double bubble, Stompgrips, R&G Bungs and engine sliders, R&G Tail tidy, K&N Airfilter, Brembo discs and pads, Hel braided lines, HIDS4U HID kit, Carbon look tank pad, clock surround and yoke protector, Stahlbus oil drain valve, Relentless decals, R1 throttle mod, suspension set up by MCT suspension, Bazzaz Zfi-tc TC and mode switch, Bazzaz autotune. 98k and counting
    IAM test passed
    IAM Masters test pass