Gen 4 gearing and stahlbus ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
What gearing if any you guys using on track? Thinking of going -1f and +1r.

Also want to fit the stahlibus calliper bleed nipples to standard front callipers, confused on which thread and length to get.
I've ordered an L74 rear wheel change system so will check on the hell calliper.

Last edited:
Last edited:
16/43 is less gear changes, less effort, less wheelie. Puts the wheel further back so you may want a taller rear tyre or ride height change to regain tip in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gen 4 Track Gearing

Im after a bit more punch out of corners. So -1f but wasn't sure to leave it at that or change rear as well.

16/46 also works and gives a bit more acceleration, but overall 16/43 is much better for the reasons outlined above.

Re: Gen 4 Track Gearing

I've found a Stahlbus supplier in the UK but the BMW parts list are miss leading.
the cailliper one shows different to the brake line one.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...-BMW-S+1000+RR+19+(0E21,+0E23)&diagId=34_2619

Brake line one
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...7-BMW-S_1000_RR_19_0E21,_0E23_&diagId=34_2647
Looking at the bike I'm 99% sure I'm after the brake line option. Not purchased yet but the supplier is quoting for the calliper one though I don't think he's aware of the conflict.

Last edited:
Lol you mean staubli quick release lines. Dear a ****

I had hel ones on my gixer but they don't make them any more . staubli are 350 ish per side just for the connectors then the lines etc on top

Lol you mean staubli quick release lines. Dear a ****

I had hel ones on my gixer but they don't make them any more . staubli are 350 ish per side just for the connectors then the lines etc on top

Been on Hel and Venhill sites. Both listed, but your right still works out bl@@dy expensive. On top of that the labour as I wouldn't entertain fitting them myself.

Going to get the Stalhbus ones from Motorworks. Front and back delivered for ?90
After all I'll achieve what I wanted is to bleed the system easily myself.

Back