Thieving Scum Damage to BMWS1000RR M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave750

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone to say I am p##sed off is an understatement, really looking for help. Had my garage broken into recently had both my pride and joys stored in their (BMWS1000RR M Sport and classic Suzuki GS1000E). The thieving scum stole the GS and failed to get away with the BMW. They vindictively hammered 2 six inch screwdriver shanks into the front and rear tyres of the RR, cut the rear indicator wires, cut the the wires to the left fork top sensor and managed to get a screwdriver into the ignition switch.

Couple of questions

Looking for advice re the sensor wires to the top of the left fork cap will it be okay to rejoin the wires?

The ignition switch works as it should do but where you insert the key is burred, does anyone know if it is possible to replace this part.

Many thanks everyone

I'm not sure about the Cables etc, more knowledgeable peeps will surely advise..

I can't ignore your comments about the BMW... that is just malicious and unnecessary damage, just because they couldn't get what they wanted..who does that kind of thing ?...

Was the GS thou insured ?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the terrible news. They get away with it as the authorities are more concerned about people they can make easy money from. These people need hunting down.

I?ve got a Secure-a-bike one and it?s class. Going to sell it soon though.

Parts

For the ignition you can buy a new ignition barrel from BMW which will need to be matched to your VIN, but they are not particularly easy to fit. As for the DDC cable I suspect you will need to buy a new internal left damper unit due to the design. I would personally avoid attempting to splice and repair the cable yourself. Either way it?s likely to be expensive so I would recommend having a conversation with your insurance company.

Splice it and see what happens, I can?t see why it wouldn?t work. It won?t cause any more damage that?s for sure.

Sorry to hear about the break in, but coming from somewhere that has/had alot of motorcrime this is no surprise. I've seen people's cars set on fire in their own driveways because the made them un stealable. So because the thieves couldn't take it, they made sure the owner couldn't have it either. It's disgusting.

Back