ASC/DTC gen 3 issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakitron

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a gen 3 s1000rr 2015 and signed up to this forum to learn a bit more about my bike and and hopefully get some answers to my questions.

A bit about me and my bike. I mainly ride on track with slicks and tyre warmers and i would say I'm a fairly experienced rider. I've always stuck to Jap bikes but I thought of trying something different this time round.

My bike is a 2015 gen 3 s1000rr with the following upgrades: Full akropovic exhaust, Rapid Bike Evo fuel management, brembo master cylinder and the ABS has been removed (blank plate on ABS pump) and brake lines direct from master cylinder to front calipers.

I have a question about The ASC/DTC. How do I check it's working? The light flashes when I turn the bike on and the light disappears after I roll forward about 10 metres. However, the bike let's me do burn out in rain mode and I don't know if it should let me do this (only tried this burnout to check of the ASC/DTC was working). I rode the bike in sport mode today and i had a bit of a moment as I tried to exit a tight corner and I managed to catch the slide but the ASC/DTC light did not flash and the manual suggests it should have. This leaves me confused.

Happy to be part of this forum and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like it isn't working, the light flashes for the short time when it's working whilst moving.

Don't know about the burnout, can't afford the tyres to find out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I don't like to ruin my tyres either but the one ones on there at the moment came with the bike and are passed their best so i dont mind laying down some rubber with them. They will definitely be changed for new tyres for start of the season next year.

Is there anyway of checking the ASC/DTC works without opening the throttle wide open round a bend?

Thanks in advance.

the ligths are doing exactly what they should do on start up+first roll (goes off after about 10yds).if you turned the t/c off then the light would stay onn all the time,no blinking.

just because you had a slip,doesn't maent the t/c would have kicked in,what lean angle/mode was you in?
easiest way to check if it's working,pt it in rain mode,and try giving it handful with some lean,you'll feel the bike hold back.

I was in sport mode and the bike was at about 25 degree lean angle when the rear tyre sliped as I was opening up the throttle. Next time I'm out I will try giving it some beans in rain mode with some more lean angle.

But should the bike let me do a burn out in rain mode? My bike did and the traction light didn't blink at all during the burn out.

Thanks

I think that both wheels have to be turning for the traction control to work and measure Slip on the sensor rings, the burn out is the same has having the bike on stands and running the bike in gear to spin the rear wheel.

The TC will just work on Algorithms between front and rear wheel speeds and when it reaches a point that the rear is moving more than the front and is beyond the set perimeters it will intervene.

The slide you describe may not have been the rear spinning up but could have been something on the road/track surface to cause loss of adhesion of the tyre and as such the TC would not intervene.

as above,t/c works with both wheels spinning+leanangle detection,so will happily cover your bike in bits of melted rubber should you so wish ;).

also try tuening your t/c down to +7,this is full intervention,it will kick in very easily then,so will also let you se if it's working

Thank you everyone for responding. I went out today and gave it some welly in rain mode and the TC light was flashing away and saving me. Thanks for all The Info, I found it very useful.

I recommend setting up the display to show rear wheel torque reduction done in the setup equip menu under DTC DISP and turn it on, try some hard acceleration without loosing control obviously. This should show a graph of how much torque is being/has been reduced to the rear wheel.
Found this video 2016 BMW S1000RR Turn On Displays - YouTube

Also a gs-911 is very useful for some diagnostics The Home of GS-911 ? HEX Code

Last edited:
I didn't even know it even had that feature. Looks like I need to revisit the manual.

Yes I looked into the gs911 and it's something I will definitely be getting in the near future.

Thanks

Back