Another new member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRG

Reaction score
Hey all, picked up gen1 a few weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling yet! Only had licence for 3 years but had Mt-09 straight out of the gate, then changed to R6 9 months later. Got the bug for a litre bike so got kwak z1000sx year later. Found it quite fast but a bit boring so chopped it in for the bmw. My god does this thing shift. First time with a quick shifter too. Before using one I couldn't see the point in them unless on a track. Boy was i wrong, what an amazing bit of kit. Guess I don't need to tell you that though eh? Bike is pretty standard except for the akra can. Looks like it has later gen downpipes and cat too as it doesn't have the big huge ugly one, maybe wrong though

Welcome aboard mate, great choice on the beemer.

You'll be made more than welcome on here, no doubt some of the other members will chime in soon.

Your now officially a sportsbike convert !...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome stuartb, best decision i made buying Bessie the beemer ?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

As Stuart says, you won?t go wrong with an S1000RR, they?re incredible machines!

How do you find the riding position of the S1000RR compared to the R6?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many more happy miles ahead onboard your new steed [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

As Stuart says, you won?t go wrong with an S1000RR, they?re incredible machines!

How do you find the riding position of the S1000RR compared to the R6?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many more happy miles ahead onboard your new steed [emoji41]

RR is way more comfortable than R6 mate. R6 has a more aggressive position ie pegs are a lot higher and further back and bars are lower and pushed forward more. It is a great machine but I couldn't stay on it for long

You won't have to work so hard on the thou to keep it buzzing unlike the 600.. larger capacity and more power means you won't have to hammer the box to keep her on the boil, as good as the R6 is and they are great machines, from a sportsbike perspective the beemers all round package is outstanding..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back