Bloodbiker - swimathon to raise funds - can you spare a couple of quid, please?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmooth

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a volunteer biker Bloodrunner at weekends riding out twice a month since June and we are raising funds on Sunday 10th October with a swimathon to support Woking Rotary Club who will support us as one of their 3 charities.

If you can spare a couple of quid, would you mind sponsoring us here? If you can chuck us a fiver, that would be gratefully received, thank you.

We have entered two teams of 4 swimmers with each team swimming 100 lengths or 2.5km

Nobody in our Bloodbiker group draws a salary nor do we as volunteers get paid any fuel money or expenses, our fuel, tyres, wear and tear are down to ourselves. The money goes towards maintaining a fleet of donated cars and a fleet of 6 designated blood bikes. I use an older 2005 Triumph Daytona and carry a 14kg box of blood products strapped to the pillion seat.

We are SERV Surrey & London, a charity organisation, made up entirely from volunteers, providing a professional, efficient service to our community, at no cost to the NHS. We mainly consist of motorbike riders, car drivers, controllers, fundraisers and our team represents a variety of people from many walks of life. We transport blood products, urgent samples and medical supplies, along with donated breast milk to hospitals and milk banks across Surrey & London. We also carry out a daily delivery of blood to Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex. We support the regular delivery rounds that the NHSBT have in place, however unlike this option, SERV S&L also operate throughout the night. We provide this service free of charge to the NHS, which releases more money for patient care. I do it because it helps those in our community who are in their hour of greatest need and it supports our NHS and I get to ride my bike at night which is fun.

Last Saturday night in all that rain, I did three separate runs totalling 130 miles, one 14 kg box of platelets for the Sussex group for Worthing Hospital, one for St Thomas' hospital in Westminster and one box for St Helier in Epsom. I started at 7 pm and managed to get to bed at 3:20 am on Sunday, it was exhilarating because the people I deliver to are always very thankful and extremely relieved to receive the box which makes their lives easier!

If any of you are RoSPA or IAM advanced riders and would like to find out more about becoming a Bloodbiker yourself, click here

Cheers folks

I was a bloodbiker for the Whiteknights up here in Yorkshire for a few years before family made it unworkable. Good effort and keep it up.

Donation will follow.

Great cause.

Fwiw I sponsor the Norfolk Blood Bikers and the East Anglian Air Ambulance monthly on direct debit. Probably costs me a takeaway...worth considering if you can especially in our line of entertainment.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your very kind donations. As a team of three we swam relay lengths and completed the required 100 lengths in 50 minutes. We all felt good for the experience474959453_BothTeams2021.jpg.b69cca19f058c09bdbfec6c65314500c (2).jpg and we raised over ?1,000 including gift aid. I'm the fat ugly b*gger in the middle of the enclosed picture.

Back