Muc-off Motorcycle Protectant with PTFE

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swyatt2170

Reaction score
[size=small]Was in Halfords today and spotted a can of Muc-off motorcycle protectant with PTFE, thinking it would be good in a post-washing anti corrosion capacity. Just wondered if anybody uses it or whether I should look for some of this ACF50 spray I've seen mentioned? [/size]

[size=small]Any feedback, recommendations or advice on the product would be greatly appreciated.[/size]

Cheers, Steve.

ACF50 vs Muc-off Motorcycle Protectant with PTFE

fatbob link=topic=1912.msg17458#msg17458 date=1356642416 said:
Acf is totally different league to muc off
And worth it too

Thanks Bob.

Did some more digging and I've found a place that applies this stuff professionally. So what's the deal? Does this ACF50 last between washes? Is it worth the £60 to get done by the "pros"? What's the best way to apply it (and where) if I do it myself?

Depends how much £60 is to you versus a good afternoon to do it properly. Have had a couple of mates who did the professional treatment - that £60 gets a guy to come out and properly clean the bike, then mist it with a proper layer of ACF50 using a professional spray gun. It ideally needs heated, or it goes on too gloopy.

If you do it yourself, get the fairings off, get the block sparklingly clean and degreased and plonk the can of ACF50 in a bucket of hot water for 20 minutes - so you ideally need gloves to hold the can. It then goes on in a thin coat - not as thin as the pro application, but not as bad as slopping it on cold. Let it pool a little and use a clean rag to clean out the bits where it pools up in the crevices on the castings.

Be warned - it does attract the crud, but under that crud, your bike will be as new. It'll resist a good few washes before you need to re-apply. Think of it as posh long lasting WD40. I tend to just use it on the metal components and use normal wash & polish on the body panels, but I know people who use it all over.

Its good value as they give the bike a deep clean first and the way they apply the stuff gets everywhere. If you do any winter riding then it will pay you back in spades when it comes to selling the machine. Personally I don't bother going out when its rubbish but I use ACF on all the bits I can get at combined with Scottoiler FS365.

Back