Discounts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMD80

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted in another area of the forum but now realise that this area is probably a better place to ask the question.

I wondered if anyone would be willing to share what deals / discounts they?ve had on their Gen 4 bikes. I?m trying to understand what is a realistic expectation when trying to negotiate for a new bike.

Cheers,
Ross

Realistically, you will be very lucky to get any sort of discount at all as it?s such a popular bike. Expect to pay full RRP but if your local dealership is gracious enough to knock a couple of hundred quid off then take that as a bonus.

Thanks mate. I was thinking as much as I haven?t found anything trawling through dealer websites. Hopefully they?ll be looking to shift some stock bikes over the winter period, and I?ll get lucky.

I wouldn?t get your hopes up as dealers keep very little stock and there are no updates for 2022 apart from a new colour scheme which is already available. If you want one I would just go and place an order.

Not wishing to burst your bubble but semi conductor shortages are soon to hit bmw bike stocks. That?s going to make new bikes hard to find and 2nd hand stock worth more. I cant see dealers wanting to give discounts on bikes they cant replace easily. If you?re after a new bike I?d get it bought sooner rather than later.

I would shop facebook market place.. for some reason a couple of guys near me are selling their 21's with very low mileage and even an upgrade or two.. one has like 900 mies.. like GOOD they did the break in miles and service for you.. and you can save several thousands and still get the warranty.. that's the way to go if you ask me. let them take that 1st owner depreciation instead of you

Got all my extras thrown in for free? bar alarm. Did butter them up for 2-3 years and had a great relationship with them. So much so they now offer forum premier members discount.
problem currently is demand? they won?t have so much wiggle in comparison to when the gen4 was launched

let us know how how u get on

ps I?m in car sales so that helps lol

Sos
screen
tank pad
cowl
rear bobbins
alarm

just checked my order.. alarm was given foc with above

since ordering have added levers, akra slip on, ppf,

I wondered if anyone would be willing to share what deals / discounts they?ve had on their Gen 4 bikes. I?m trying to understand what is a realistic expectation when trying to negotiate for a new bike.

Not wishing to burst your bubble but semi conductor shortages are soon to hit bmw bike stocks. That?s going to make new bikes hard to find and 2nd hand stock worth more. I cant see dealers wanting to give discounts on bikes they cant replace easily. If you?re after a new bike I?d get it bought sooner rather than later.

Welcome in !
You've made the right decision bike wise the gen 4 is fantastic.

I would say as Soof above has that the current semi-conductor shortage has messed up most vehicle stock for the foreseeable future and this will impact the Gen 4 !
The only advise I could use is to take the price offered by one dealer and see if that can be beaten.

Good luck !

Thanks mate. Sounds like you got a good deal for a bike that sells itself! I got a cracking deal on my Gen 3 and I think I?m expecting something similar, which clearly I?m not going to get.

Welcome in !
You've made the right decision bike wise the gen 4 is fantastic.

I would say as Soof above has that the current semi-conductor shortage has messed up most vehicle stock for the foreseeable future and this will impact the Gen 4 !
The only advise I could use is to take the price offered by one dealer and see if that can be beaten.

Good luck !

Thanks Westy. I have a few dealers within 30miles of where I live so maybe I?ll play them off against one another.

I paid ?16k for my 2021 black s1000rr with performance pack (forged wheels etc) and tinted front screen back in December so that?s roughly ?2k saving . It was just before the last lockdown. Not sure if that?s a good deal not but seemed to be at the time

That?s a really good deal. I?m looking at the black with dynamic pack and forged wheels (I think they?ve changed the names of the packs now). It shows an RRP of ?18,139.99 on the BMW configurator and was wondering what I could negotiate for it. If I could get ?2k discount I?d snap their arm off!

I?d have that as well! The dealer near me has a 2020 (70 plate) grey with forged wheels, 1600 miles. Price is ?15,999, is that a good deal? Maybe I could negotiate something as I?ve had three bikes from them in the last 5 years.

Paid ?19800 for my m sport with
SOS
Alarm
M Levers
M bobbins
Akrapovic gp end can
Charger all thrown in.
But I was messed around with a lot.

Sometimes you get a dealer contribution of ?500 (Discount?) But other than that big discounts are rare on new RRs. I assume because the demand is high enough they do not need to or because a lot are bought on tick and it's hard to knock a lot off them?

Freebies are common though if you really butter them up.

I always buy unwanted bikes from a main dealer. They have the balance of the warranty plus the standard 2 years on all used bikes. Paid 14k for mine, ex demo and fully loaded with all the extras. It was/is in great condition and all that money saved paid for a season of track days, tyres and upgrades :)

Hello guys. Thanks for all your replies. I took the Gen 4 out for a couple of hours this morning and I loved it! I rode the m sport but I?d rather save some cash and go for the black storm sport + forged wheels. Can anyone let me know if there?s much of a noticeable difference on the road between carbon, forged and cast wheels? Cheers!

Back