Gen4 Track Bits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich8778

Reaction score
Hi all - looking for some opinions/experiences of the right path to go down when prepping a Gen4 for track use:

Fairings - I'm stuck between the idea of scrounging a 2nd set of road fairings off eBay and using those on track, or going for actual track fairings. The only thing putting me off going down the CRC (or similar) route is the mounting differences between road & track - I don't want it to be a total ball ache every time I swap between road & track fairings.

Rearsets - The official "m" ones look tasty - any thoughts\experiences on these vs offerings from Lightech or Gilles?

Crash Protection - pretty sure I'll do a large R&G order for this - I like the "race" engine protectors with the replaceable pucks.

Appreciate any and all input!

Fairings with all the fittings even from CRC are going to be ?1k. The base kitsnever have enough bits. Personally I was looking at these.
https://www.fima-racingparts.de/en/...r-19-premium-plus-gfk-racing-fairing-bmw.html
But they need importing...

M parts are all made by Gilles. Pp-tuning.eu are a reasonably priced alternative manufacturer of many parts.

I feel that GB Racing make better products than R&G. Radiator guards are also a must (evotech)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Regarding the fairings. There is no easy way swapping between track and road fairings (I have also been down this road). You have to remove a lot of "road" plastics to fit a track fairing. Really you've only got 2 options if you do not want to use your road fairings. Buy Chinese made road fairings and swap out the OE fairings for the Chinese items.

Or buy a track fairing and cut out the fairing cowl so you can still use the lights. This is what Alpha Racing does for their EWC bikes. Alex is right, you will easily spend a grand on CRC fairings once you buy their fitting kit, plus you want them either painted or wrapped. I also think they're not that well made, had the kit for my Gen 4 and got rid due to their paper thin build.

Rearsets, I have the Gilles FXR. Excellent quality and solid build with plenty of adjustment.

2nd GB racing over R&G. I have R&G axle sliders and that is as far as i would go with their stuff. Engine cases GB all the way. Much better quality.

I have few bits for sale you might be interested in
They are listed on the last post i made
Lightech mirror blanks, M Rear sets and Gilles lever guard

Back