It?s Robbie & Pete from Rev Comps ring us back

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...if you don't recognise that phrase then you didn't spend lockdown hours watching Facebook live.

If you do, then you know that someone has won something and got that text message because they didn't answer their phone when Rev Comps called to give them the good news. Last Friday that person was me, and I am now awaiting delivery of a fully loaded 2021 Gen 4 RR Sport!!

It's black storm metallic, has all the option packs and forged wheels, rad guards and a titanium end can. I call it karma, after my week of hell (see Snowdonia post), you may call me something else ? and I've been buzzing since they called me back. This is what I have won - absolute beauty - https://www.revcomps.com/product/2021-new-bmw-s1000rr-sport-2000/#&gid=1&pid=1

I don?t know when the bike will be delivered yet, I?m waiting to find out. I?m resigned to the fuel situation potentially causing delays. I have of course started planning all the bits it will need and am trying to reread all those Gen 4 threads I?ve half read but never absorbed. Now that I can post in the Gen 4 section, I have some questions:

Anyone got the Racefit can? I can?t tell from the pics on Rev Comps which one I have, might be the Black Edition or maybe the Growler X with welded diffuser? How track friendly are these, what db?

TST Industries rear light assemblies ? I?ve loved the look of them ever since pics started appearing on the forum. How legal are they? I know the cops don?t worry too much about things like plate size, can noise etc. unless you piss them off, I assume they fall into the same category. Would they just be a problem for MOTs when the time comes? Could they cause complications to an insurance claim after an accident if someone says they were confused by them?

Last question for now ? last year Bahnstormer did a special edition Gen 4 that they had painted in Bluefire, same as my Gen 2. Alex sent me pics and I wound him up I'd bought it. However I always said if I got a Gen 4 I'd think about doing that. Dunno how serious I am about this, but would appreciate a rough idea of how much would it cost to have this one painted that colour? Would they paint existing fairings, don't think I'd want to buy new fairings to paint...

Cheers

"Rick"

Last edited:
And I was 1st to know lol.. I'll congratulate you in public now...we'll done mate, you must have been floating on air when you found out.. I put 18 quid towards that as I bought 2 tickets so I'm owed a seat on it at least [emoji3]

Never had a chance to look out those fittings for the 1 Jac, but I will do it this week and see if I can get a match from my HP4/Gen2 pins..I'll need to whip off the frame female sleeve see if that fits, think I'll do that in the first instance and let you know...

S

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Congrats Rick - bet you're still buzzin! I've got the Black Edition Racefit (comes with welded diffuser as well) and its absolutely fine on track - even with exhaust valve removed not overly loud. Went round Dony with it, no problems. Still looking to fit the akra downpipes and do away with the cat (when they're back in stock) - but that might be a tad too loud (might need a different end can! then!)

Nice one ?rick?. Great to hear someone winning something.

on the fairings I would buy some cheap chinese ones and have them painted, keep the oem to put back on if you sell one day. But you?ll need to have the tank done too, or buy another one like I did with the HP4.

Nice one ?rick?. Great to hear someone winning something.

on the fairings I would buy some cheap chinese ones and have them painted, keep the oem to put back on if you sell one day. But you?ll need to have the tank done too, or buy another one like I did with the HP4.

Yikes, sounds complicated... Maybe black isn't so bad :)

Congrats Rick - bet you're still buzzin! I've got the Black Edition Racefit (comes with welded diffuser as well) and its absolutely fine on track - even with exhaust valve removed not overly loud. Went round Dony with it, no problems. Still looking to fit the akra downpipes and do away with the cat (when they're back in stock) - but that might be a tad too loud (might need a different end can! then!)

Just had it confirmed that I have a Growler... the Racefit website say it'll only work on loud trackdays, and for a quiet trackday I'd need to put the OEM can on.. what counts as a loud/quiet track day? I've got so used to the Gen 2 getting on anywhere (passes 98db) except Castle Coombe. I'll need to wait and see if the Gen 4 comes with the old can...

I think a full respray is 2-4k depending on complexity.

@Budgie maybe be able to quote you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Bahnstormer Blue Fire Gen 4 was originally red. Can't remember how much it cost or where it was done, but the original parts were painted. I know that the tank was re-repainted at TVR on St Peters Road after a test ride demonstrated to the Head of Business that he was wrong not to put a tank pad on it.

Cheers for that Alex/Andy. Bemoto's early quotes for insuring the bike would appear to guarantee that it'll be staying black for the foreseeable. I was hoping it would be a simple add to my current policy, but the addition for the 3 months until renewal would be less than some of you pay for a year. They're working on a reduction...

Given how much I paid, I guess it makes sense to give a value sub 20k, because insurance companies really don't seem to like bikes with a value that starts with a 2....

Last edited:
Fantastic! Hope you are as overjoyed as anyone without an RR would be envious!

Fingers crossed for dry weather before Oct / Nov sets in for you :)

Well done Colin! Really, really pleased for you. I'm looking forward to seeing your new bike when we next have a ride out together..

I'll add you to my, "I know someone who won a vehicle prize"
1. My sister in law won a new LWB Shogun in a raffle
2. My son's hard up college classmate won a new Bentley in one of those airport raffles
3. Colin wins a Gen 4 S1000RR in a raffle

Steve

Last edited:
Congratulations Colin that is fantastic news!!! Ive often thought of buying tickets but never actually pulled the trigger but I will now.

Enjoy your new toy and hope the weather stays kind for when it is delivered.

A South East ride out is a must!

Cheers gents. I already have the bike but the combination of petrol shortages and rain mean it hasn't left the garage yet... weather looks OK this weekend, so if petrol is available I'll be out. The guy that delivered the bike couldn't believe the north/south divide. He wasn't remotely worried about petrol until he got close to London,

Congrats man that's incredible!

PS you can get petrol most places in the mornings

Back