Ground Anchors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbour is converting their garage into living space. The workmen showed up this morning. They said sorry in advance for the drilling over next couple of weeks as they need to dig down a fair bit. On the spur of the moment I asked them if they'd fit a couple of ground anchors for me, and they seemed amenable to the idea... I have done no research on the topic, just something I had thought about doing and that chat has kicked me into action. It would give me some peace of mind, but I'm wondering about three things, grateful for any quick thoughts:

1. Installation: I think I need them to drill out a space and concrete them in? I'd want them in the ground, as close to the garage wall as possible - are there any restrictions on where they should go, aside from clearance for a good chain?
2. Does it makes any difference to insurance?
3. Obviously I'd get decently rated ones, e.g. sold secure but anything else to consider?

Cheers

A builder with a council garage on the same block as me grabbed a decent drill, drilled 4 holes and stuck in expanding bolts. Job done. It isn't going anywhere. Don't over think it. Its still just a deterrent.

An idea is make sure the lock can't be pinned to the floor whilst attacking it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back