Zumo XT issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Bought a zumo XT last year as an exchange following power issues with my old Garmin. Ran for about a year With no issues then kept losing satellite reception. After a master reset it was continuing with the same issue so they replaced the unit but the new one is the same.
Now the Best Bit. The reception drops randomly when on the bike and even did when when near the bike when not running. Tried in the car and worked without issues. It looks like the 2 are incompatible. Anyone else tried the XT on the S1KRR and did you get issues. Really annoying because when used with the drive app and works is brilliant device with upcoming traffic warnings and clear display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running an XT without power on my RR. On my R I have the 'proper' bmw mounting cradle- to power the XT I bought an adapter from an Italian company. Not had the set up long, no problems so far.

Mine is on the garmin cradle and powered from the accessory socket. Trying without power is next test

Tried it off the bike and is fine. Checked my tracker and also camera with GPS and all 3 have issues with GPS signal so something about the bike is causing some kind of interference.

Spark plugs interfering with the GPS signal IMHO.

It's the one thing that can differ from bike to bike. When computers moved into the 200mhz speed region, manufacturers then made the computer cases from metal instead of plastic to stop them interfering with radio signals.... J

Last edited:
Spark plugs interfering with the GPS signal IMHO.

It's the one thing that can differ from bike to bike. When computers moved into the 200mhz speed region, manufacturers then made the computer cases from metal instead of plastic to stop them interfering with radio signals.... J

Interesting !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Unlikely. Only because the signal can be stopped when only switching the ignition on.
Bought some faraday fabric to put over the ecu to see if that works. Now expecting the key to not work because the chip is blocked [emoji2957]

Back