New S1000RR Owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windyrun

Reaction score
Greetings! I recently purchased a 2021 Black S1000RR and have joined the forum to learn and contribute when possible. Looking forward to reading the threads and getting up to speed :)

Previously I owned a 2018 S1000R, Street Triple, daytona, cbr600 and a few dirt bikes.

Welcome to the forum, how are the first impressions compared to the 2018?

My first impressions, regarding the difference between my R and this new RR, are differences in handling and engine sound. The handling on my RR seems very tight and locked down whereas my R by comparison now seems like it was much looser. This bike feels like it flows through corners whereas my R was much more effort trying to keep my line. I guess the main difference is this bike seems much more purpose built for handling than my R.

Regarding differences in engine sound - this is definitely a different motor. It sounds much more serious and includes a bit of whine almost like a supercharger whine. My R sounded good but this is much more serious about generating power.

I haven't been able to test speed and acceleration too much since I just got my RR and its still in a run-in phase.

Overall I'm pretty happy :)

Back