My 2020 S1000RR build

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing mate!

Didn't realise the M Rearsets came in red, thought it was only blue. Have they been modified or what?

Looks amazing mate!

Didn't realise the M Rearsets came in red, thought it was only blue. Have they been modified or what?

Thank you, yeah modified. I bought them used along with the levers. He had all the M bits changed from blue to red anodising. Works well on the Hockenheim and will tie in lovely with the new Alpha Racing fairings too.

Hi all, Further Sunday morning progress.
First things first, you may notice I ditched the sketchy front stand setup for some nice new Gee-Techs! [emoji2956]

I?ve offered up the rest of the Akrapovic and had the tyres swapped onto the Dymag wheels to enable me to do the remainder of running in miles once the body work is complete.

6d605785446d4f040158595942eb5f42.jpg

904b39150b512265fcfaeae138f0f6b0.jpg

I?ve fitted a Galfer wavy disk to the rear and transferred the BSB spec Brembo HPK front disks from the forged M wheels I bought.
As seen on the bathams bikes.

7c254b94bff5629ab52315d9e5217dd1.jpg

These Dymags will be my dry/road setup and when I run the slicks down on the M wheels I?m going to replace them with W01?s as a wet setup on track days.

I?ll hopefully get the fairings mounted and bike sent off for paint and decals over the next 2 weeks.

I do enjoy a track (or race) build thread. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Do you have any other mods planned?

I do enjoy a track (or race) build thread. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Do you have any other mods planned?

Thanks, yeah I have a few more mods in the pipeline, nothing major though, the main parts I want are all sorted. Just things like the 520 sprockets and chain to go on, sprint airfilter, Gilles axle bobbins and Alpha blanking plugs for the intake then finally a remap. Then I?ll toy with the idea of adding some carbon frame/swing arm covers just to tart it up some more.

Going to be sticking with the stock switch gear for now and not bother with clip-on?s as it will still get used on the road a fair bit. I will just try modify the alpha fairings to take the TST rear lights I think :)

Sounds pretty much exactly the same as my new mods. Just waiting for my blanking plates and sprockets from Alpha. I've got the Alpha frame guards and they're very good quality and workout cheaper than Ilmberger. (I am sure they are made by Ilmberger though)

I've got the alpha Clip ons but stock switch gear. Mainly because i have heard of several Gen 4 owners damaging their fork tubes when crashing. It seems the OE clip ons are not very forgiving in a crash and the fork tube can take brunt. The Alpha racing clp ons are pretty comfy on the road to be honest. Far nicer than Renthal.

Are you keeping the headlights?

Clip-ons

If your predominantly riding on track then ditch the OEM clip-ons. They have a nasty habit of damaging the fork tubes in the event of a crash.

Sounds pretty much exactly the same as my new mods. Just waiting for my blanking plates and sprockets from Alpha. I've got the Alpha frame guards and they're very good quality and workout cheaper than Ilmberger. (I am sure they are made by Ilmberger though)

I've got the alpha Clip ons but stock switch gear. Mainly because i have heard of several Gen 4 owners damaging their fork tubes when crashing. It seems the OE clip ons are not very forgiving in a crash and the fork tube can take brunt. The Alpha racing clp ons are pretty comfy on the road to be honest. Far nicer than Renthal.

Are you keeping the headlights?

Ahhh yeah nice! Id not actually thought of keeping the stock switchgear with the clip ons. Certainly something to think about in future.

No I won?t be keeping the headlights at first, as I daren?t cut into the carbon fairings that much and risk making a mess of them haha! I would like to though as I will be doing a good bit of road riding still and hopefully get between 5-10 trackdays this season.
The TST rear lights should work if I just drill a hole however I?m expecting the fit to be a bit ropey on the moulded fairings compared to oem. Main reason for fitting those is for insurance purposes, purely having a break light makes it much easier to sort.

The stock switch gear on after market clip ons works fine. They just need to be drilled to accept them.

I was in the same place as you a few years ago with my first Gen 4. I bought CRC fairings and attacked them with a saw, it looked ok but the CRC stuff is so flimsy the overall finish wasn't great. But there have been a few guys that have cut race fairings to accept headlights and the finish is pretty good!

Alpha just cut their fairings and run stock lights for their EWC bikes. They may have a template they can send you or at least hints. They are always pretty helpful.

So the fairings are all mounted back on the bike, I?m going to drop it off at the paint shop on Wednesday for the tank and front mudguard to have some matching paint! Then get it all stickered up.

Just booked Croft for the 20th May so that gives me something to work towards.

Fingers crossed I get it finished and ran in in time [emoji41]

dfed531f0996252aeafab3a1bb7f69ab.jpg

357e2df72525e65688f8cff57dffa4eb.jpg

cac7d049f574a21fb842a51fe51c2bbe.jpg

ae0c0cb2b345a8c91cdf1c96eff7f125.jpg

Just Picked the bike up from the paint shop this evening. Tank cover and front mudguard all painted and he lacquered the tail unit so the Carbon is popping now. Just need to drop the remaining panels in for lacquer for him to finish next week.

184b8c75a881e8cdffa3da2dc93ceee5.jpg

a30421105bde3a163f7d7b468c89be8f.jpg

2fbcb5662dcfc53f826a01228948ca30.jpg

c36f480616ceb618515c3f598ef19608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little update for the thread, the next stage has been completed and the bike is finally looking the part and all starting to come together.

Taken it on a first ride today since ownership and all went well.
Going to try get it over 500odd miles and into BMW this Saturday for its running in service. Mainly to get rid of the 9000rpm Rev limit in time for croft 20th may.

Still awaiting a few little engine modifications before taking to Crowe Performance for its remap.

c20d28b344037037cf9fcbe13877d187.jpg

3dd02c4083431877fe2121d34742f96e.jpg

29c6a8a39110cdf81a23af2dbe557f3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back