Which Paddock Stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who'd have thought a paddock stand thread would cause such a commotion :) :shadow:

I mean one thing is MotoGP team showing off carbon paddock stands as they sell them to fund their racing, another thing is an average white man in the van at a dirty Donny garage lifting his bike with CF paddock stand and then going 2mins on GP circuit

Last edited:
I mean one thing is MotoGP team showing off carbon paddock stands as they sell them to fund their racing, another thing is an average white man in the van at a dirty Donny garage lifting his bike with CF paddock stand and then going 2mins on GP circuit
Who cares as long as they are happy?
Nothing to do with you or I.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Who cares as long as they are happy?
Nothing to do with you or I.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Well the whole idea of motorcycle forums is that people with experience give advises on what's important and what's not. Otherwise everyone would be buying Ducatis as they are most expensive motorbikes out there and be happy ;)

stand doesnt make you faster

for difference better buy SBS DS-2 pads

if your whole reasoning is to be faster,then spend **** all on any upgrades,you dont need them (apart from suspension set up) better brake pads certainly wont make you faster*,i dont care what anyone says .spend all the bling money on track time,and track tuition if you want to go faster,it's really that simple.

*at most t/dayers level

Ok thanks everyone for your advice, I think I?m going to go with Harris. They are expensive but when you take into account that the bike was 17k, why not get top quality stand for such a great bike ?

Any suggestions which Harris front paddock stand to buy as well??

Cheers boys, I appreciate the help ?
Buy the spigot ones that BBB highlighted, that's what I use on the front too..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I use an Abba stand, never touch the front wheel, and get off and wheel the bike round corners. Works for me :biggrin-new:

Got to say, reading all of this makes me want to start an oil/tyre/running in thread...

if your whole reasoning is to be faster,then spend **** all on any upgrades,you dont need them (apart from suspension set up) better brake pads certainly wont make you faster*,i dont care what anyone says .spend all the bling money on track time,and track tuition if you want to go faster,it's really that simple.

*at most t/dayers level

wrong.

best advise is to sell bmw and buy bucci or ohvale, or enroll into the school that runs those.

paying 600gbp a day on 1000cc bike wont teach you much vs. running 150/190cc bucci around Cartagena cones.

image.png

Can do the same at Whilton or Elough Park

Last edited:
I use an Abba stand, never touch the front wheel, and get off and wheel the bike round corners. Works for me :biggrin-new:

Got to say, reading all of this makes me want to start an oil/tyre/running in thread...

I cudnt figure out how abba works, too many handles

wrong.

best advise is to sell bmw and buy bucci or ohvale, or enroll into the school that runs those.

paying 600gbp a day on 1000cc bike wont teach you much vs. running 150/190cc bucci around Cartagena cones.

image.png

Can do the same at Whilton or Elough Park

your like a little child aren't you,foot stamping that whatever your opinion is, is correct.

i can only assume after sleeping on it,you wasn't being left without having the last word (foot stamp..),so reply away with you foot stamping,i'll agree with whatever opinion you tell me to.

your like a little child aren't you,foot stamping that whatever your opinion is, is correct.

i can only assume after sleeping on it,you wasn't being left without having the last word (foot stamp..),so reply away with you foot stamping,i'll agree with whatever opinion you tell me to.
I'm confused what's this little child stuff has anything to do with how to get faster on track ?

I said in my experience private tuition on track is quite expensive (starts from 600 for a day) and it's much cheaper to practice on pitbikes. Long run costs will be cheaper.

i suppose its what you can comfortably afford, some people are better off than others. some might say why you riding a s1000rr when you could be riding a CB500 at a fraction of the cost around track and still be having the same amount of fun, its horses for courses.
ask the question, get the answers, make a decision, spend ya dollar...simples

I'd buy a bursig. Like Abba it's a great stand which is incredibly handy for moving your bike on and is really stable. I've used it on my gen 1, gen 2 and have bought a new adaptor kit for the new gen 4 arriving soon.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Gen 2 has been on a bursig for years, been great.

Will be really interested to learn if the adapter you permanently attach to the bike to receive the stand pin protrudes from the frame.

My Gen 2 has been on a bursig for years, been great.

Will be really interested to learn if the adapter you permanently attach to the bike to receive the stand pin protrudes from the frame.
I'm pretty sure it does a bit. I'll let you know in a few weeks time.

I bought a 1Jac for my 2017 s1000r - it stuck out too far for me kept rubbing my me off it. Hope it's different, would lioe to get this for Gen 4

Here's the bursig frame attachment. It doesn't do the bikes lines any favours however you also don't touch it when riding. 20211103_173204.jpg20211103_173209.jpg

Not really. Unless you spend majority of track time sitting the box staring at Harris

This is 4 years old by now. Show me rust ?

image.png

Weights the same as Harris btw, cost twice cheaper.

Over many years I?ve used various stands, I?ve also used cheap shite like that and the two piece design can potentially cause problems but the main thing for me is when compared to a stand like the Harris stand the wheels that are used on the Harris stand make it so much easier to use than that junk.

Last edited:
The under fork harris stand is a great stand as well, that stand also worked a treat on my race R1. The Harris yoke stand is great, well worth the money.

73-F0-B30-F-B413-4252-8-AFD-3-A32-B63-BD6-D0.jpg

9-A424-B0-C-312-F-467-D-B7-D4-C25-D846-A8110.jpg

1-E830-C9-E-0-D6-F-4-ADC-8329-13254-C5-D94-FE.jpg

F9-F68998-EB5-F-4499-BD87-12-EFAB2-F4-E80.jpg

Back