Which Paddock Stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Cole

Reaction score
Morning Guys,

can anyone recommend a paddock stand for my rear wheel? My old one I used for my ZX10r doesn?t fit my RR.

thanks in advance ?

Ooh...intrigued!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just one ....

Negative review time.
Any body thinking of buying a set of GDH stands think twice.
Spunking ?400 on a set of stands is a big thing .
When said stands arrive you would expect them to work.
Well not at GDH Motorsport, 3 of us ordered sets of stand via MCA Leicester
They arrived within a week and that's where the fun begins.
The stands were ordered for a zx6, r6 and s1000rr.
The zx6 front doesn't clear the nose cone or mudguard .
The r6 unit lifts the bike up at a ridiculous angle and doesn't clear the race mudguard.
And the s1000rr stand doesn't clear the nose cone . And doesn't lift the front off the deck.
The angle of the arm on the front stand is so wrong that it bends the pin that it's lifts through .
The rear stand has a noticible step in the tube (misalignment when welding) and is so wide you have to have the bobbins all the way out .
MCA contacted GDH and he came and had a look at the stands .
His excuse was that the jig must have moved and that he would have new top units out to us the following week.
The following week comes and goes .
The week after we end up with one top section that is tacked together and thus can't be used to lift a bike, to check for fitment .
After this we asked for a refund.
GDH has since said he only wants to refund us the front stands as the rears still work.
Why is it always the little guy that gets shafted .
If Hickman had complained he would not have a issue with sorting out replacements.
So I ask you @GDH . When you get 5 mins from mincing around the BSB paddock taking pictures . Issue a refund for the stands .do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
GDH Paddock Stands

My GDH paddock stands have been absolutely fine.

tbh i've heard a few people have issues with the gdh stands,tends to tbe the under yoke not lifting properly,or clearing the fairings.

not sure why harris are for posers though?,excellent stands that will last forever and fa less bulky than a constands/warrior etc (if your taking them on a stillage at least)

The BMW Alpha ones are way over priced bling/paying for the badge.

I think Harris are spot on. Quality/price.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Harris stands are simple, light, well made and as Mut says.. no reason to consider they won't last an awful long time even with heavy use.. prongs, wheels, lugs...all replaceable and they are modular for lifters etc with all of the above available.. what's not to like about them.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i dont know what it is about paddock stands though, i never sell them,if i get a set with bike it goes in the shed to collect dust,i think i've about 8 sets of various quality,few sets of the red ?40 jobbies (that work well truth be told),then various harris sets, right down to a ?400 set of valtermoto which i'm using now (came with bike thankfully :) )

Paddock Stands

I had my Harris paddock stands for more than a decade and they were superb. I bought GHD fold-up front/rear stands at the start of this season, for space-saving when the bike is in a van or on a stillage, and so far, so good.

tbh i've heard a few people have issues with the gdh stands,tends to tbe the under yoke not lifting properly,or clearing the fairings.

not sure why harris are for posers though?,excellent stands that will last forever and fa less bulky than a constands/warrior etc (if your taking them on a stillage at least)

cause it costs rich moneys ?

ConStands rear is 70 or so

The Harris stands are simple, light, well made and as Mut says.. no reason to consider they won't last an awful long time even with heavy use.. prongs, wheels, lugs...all replaceable and they are modular for lifters etc with all of the above available.. what's not to like about them.

I mean c'mon, how a paddock stand can be NOT simple ? its not a rocket science.

Lol BBB you spend north of ?16k on a bike (it is a gen 4 aint it) and say Harris are for posers @ ?100 :redface-new:.

actually maybe I'm wrong. For some reason I thought rear Harris is around 200, but it indeed looks like 100, around same moneys as ConStands.

actually maybe I'm wrong. For some reason I thought rear Harris is around 200, but it indeed looks like 100, around same moneys as ConStands.

commenting without actually knowing the facts? have a check next time ;)

This forum would be boring if people like BBB weren't on it.. keep it going BBB you give us all a laugh [emoji2]

Latest posts

Back