Different can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had the ol girl 6mths now, (2020) been looking for a little more noise but wasn't going down the de-cat/full system again as I did the last 2.... Been ummin 'n arrin and decided that it was worth throwing away 50 squid with alixpress for a useless can on their site.
Was on my doorstep in under 3 weeks, well packaged and I have to say looks very well made considering the price..
As it happened, it arrived about an hour before I was heading out for a ride so would've been silly not to have fitted it.
Well, fired it up in the garage and was disappointed, sounded like a bumble bee lol. Anyway, set out, and have to say, when on song the sound is actually pretty good, roll off burbles are louder as well.
Not overly loud (probably wouldn't get through track day noise test though drive by).
I guess what I'm saying is it's excellent for the price, shouldn't be a tug on the road but has some lungs on acceleration.
Austin Racing lookalike?

Gen4 can.jpgGen4 can1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair I know you're happy with it but you've spent 18k on a bike and then scrimped on the exhaust. I've got a Austin racing end can and it certainly doesn't look like that. Each to their own but those welds look like the apprentice got involved
bffc76acbc1e835dd79ccc959d1662c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Lol, with all due respect, when you get to my my age, it's function over bling.... I've done the bling thing, Richard Austin had my Gen1 and Gen3 for design when they first came out, even with discount it was a rip off.

Looks good enough to me, as do the welds.

As you say 50 quid V 450 quid or whatever and you still get a cool looking end can.. win win !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you're wanting more noise, particularly at idle then disconnect the exhaust valve and get yourself a servo buddy to correct the error code. The valve is sprung to remain open to allow more exhaust flow.

Beware though, it'll invalidate any warranty in relation to your engine.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you're wanting more noise, particularly at idle then disconnect the exhaust valve and get yourself a servo buddy to correct the error code. The valve is sprung to remain open to allow more exhaust flow.

Beware though, it'll invalidate any warranty in relation to your engine.

Have never heard of a servo buddy invalidating an engine warranty

Have never heard of a servo buddy invalidating an engine warranty
It was directly from the mouth of BMW Motorrad Wolverhampton. Apparently when you do this it is reported back to motorrad Germany at your next plug-in which flags your bike.

Any further warranty claims are scrutinised and if they can link it to fiddling with your valve bmw Germany will refuse to pay for it.

I've never heard that either..or anyone else stating that.. so I've a brand new M Sport and I've invalidated my warranty now ?..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I think this is more a theoretical warning, in so far as ?anything? that affects the running of the engine is potentially grounds to invalidate the warranty.
But if anything mechanically were to go wrong with the engine I cannot see, not have heard of (for BMW) an engine warranty being invalidated over servo removal or exhaust changes.

But yes ultimately though anytime one deviates from stock, one does so at their discretion.

Last edited:
Back