New Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS,

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
This new bike from Triumph is growing on me, at first glance I thought no way but after a few days I am beginning to like the look. Am I alone with these thoughts? :indecisiveness:

I like the idea of a big Triple, might consider a test ride and replace my Street Triple.

I think they will sell lots. Will appeal to a lot of people wanting to get off sports bikes but still having something sporty.

Not keen on the cafe racer version. But then I don't like any of them. R9T or MV SV

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I took one out for a test ride recently, the upright version. It didn?t work for me. The new faired version may have improved on the overly harsh suspension though as it comes with semi active I think. The main problem was the clumsy part throttle response, the engine was tricky to modulate from closed to a little without lurching forward so more work to do there I think. The way that engine delivers power is quite impressive torque wise, but it didn?t build power like an IL4, so wasn?t very exciting. The seat and bars weren?t comfortable either for me.
Ithink it looks ok, but the S1 is far more involving to ride.

You talking about the RR or Rs ?
After owning the gen4 now on the Rs to me the rs wins hands down like I've said before it's more torque than the gen 4 but I got slag off for saying that on a bmw forum........but I don't like the new RR triumph have just released

LOL - hope it works for you. Triumph as a brand I like but I could never pony up for one.

Looks wise i don't mind it at all. However, didn't you sell your RR for more comfort? If you can ride the Triumph then you can get another RR young man!

Sold the RR partly due to comfort but mainly because I owned it for 8 years and got fed up looking at it. Lol

Last edited:
Phil
I presume you're wanting the triumph speed triple 1200rs, I would say do it .....cracking bike handle's like a dream the torque is amazing, like yourself I've owned the gen 3 & gen 4.....yes totally different bike's but you won't be disappointed with the 1200rs

Back