Fairing design... Help!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive decided to commit to getting track fairings for my Gen 3 as I havent used it on the road in the last 12 months and I am currently in discussions with Wilson at GoMotoTrip (thanks to recommendations on here).

Anyway, Im thinking of a hybrid of the two images below. Grey base with red/blue accenting. Do we think this will work? Is there anywhere online to do a mockup before I commit? Can anyone do a rough one for me to see?

I really like the grey, but want the colour too and I just cant get my head around whether it'll work or not!!

Grey_S1000rr.jpegScreenshot 2021-09-09 at 13.40.54.jpg

Wilson can do anything. Grey base with those graphics over the top. It normally takes me months to decide what I want. I look around pintrest etc to get ideas, then create various rough designs to narrow it down. Then walk away for a month and come back fresh to see if the design has stood the test of time.

The pic doesn?t do it justice as it?s pearlescent white.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    862.9 KB · Views: 59
Remember the colours don?t have to be flat, Wilson can do pearl or subtle glint reflectors in the paint. Take you?re time as once done, it?s done. He sends approval pics before clearcoat. Check Letter distancing etc as different cultures space letters differently. I used to be sponsored by Furygan Leathers and they?d always split up my name on the Leathers. Mc Callister.

Thanks Jamie, i'll consider that. Wilson has been really helpful so far, so I have confidence!

Fairing Design

You could always consider a vinyl wrap as an alternative to painting.

I just plastidipped (actually FullDip) mine in Nardo Grey. Easy to do (overspray just rubs off so only basic masking required) and the latest peelable paints are amazing especially the full gloss top coat. Petrol resistant and can just peel it off when you get bored. I?ve had to redo my tank as my cheap tank grips (that?ll teach me) just fell off. Had to end up duct taping them on during a track day and that eventually pulled some of the paint off.

You could put stickers on before doing the gloss top coat. That is what I?m going to do next.

Bit of fun and cheap way to trial colours (about ?40-50 to do the whole bike)
SyFyHMt.jpg

Back