Top box

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I admit that I have a top box :shame: . Currently using a Ventura set up which has been fine so far.

Trouble is, my other half took the S1K yesterday while I was on the Kawasaki and I noticed how much the top box bounces up and down and it scared the life out of me! :hororr:

So I'm thinking to change the set up and either get a spare seat and bolt a luggage plate to it or use the Hepco & Becker sportrack and do the same (modifying the plate to access the key). Has anyone here done similar or, even better, got one for sale??

I use the hecpo and Becker plate to use a vario top box when I?m away. It?s perfect rock solid at speed and you don?t notice it?s there at all. Use the same set up on my gen3 and gen4 (different plate). My brother also uses the plate setup on his gen3 with a givi box. I?d post some pics but don?t know how to do it from my phone.

Last edited:
Gen 3 of course, life's never that simple! Have taken a chance and gone with this version

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112679536992?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Bit cheaper than the H&B but, more importantly, it comes with a lock! I didn't want to ruin the pillion seat by having to use and alter the lock and realised I was getting a bit miffed about paying ?170 for a plate that then required me to cannabilise my bike or spend even more cash on sourcing another lock! :mad-new:

Mind you, the alternative may be shite, in which case this will turn out to be a very expensive tantrum...:chargrined:

Good news, rack arrived quickly, fits perfectly and just needed 4 holes drilled for the Givi plate. Widened an existing space on the plate for the lock to sit in (the key fitted through without modification but the lock sits proud so I thought I'd make it a bit more flush. Top box sits well back too. Will do the usual destruction testing on the commute :biggrin-new:

Rack5.jpgRack4.jpgRack3.jpgRack2.jpgRack1.jpg

Back