Newbie in Australia

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENZO

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I live in Sydney but thought you wouldn?t mind letting me in your group as we receive the Euro spec bikes down here. I just took delivery of a 2020 M-Sport with DDC, carbon wheels etc. It was built on Tues 21st Jan 2020 and it seems to have the ?can?t find neutral? issue but I?ve read that thread already and will contact the dealer about it. My bike must have just missed out on the redesigned clutch, I guess.

I am the second owner and the bike only has 5,000km and looks and feels brand new. I bought it as a track bike but will keep it road registered for now so I can get some more seat time to get the feel for it. Up until now my track bike has been a 2014 Daytona 675R so this will be quite a step up. I ride out at Sydney Motorsport Park (SMSP) at Eastern Creek, which used to be the official GP track before Phillip Island in Victoria took over. SMSP is a great 3.9km track with a 900m straight heading into a sweeping left hander. The Daytona maxes out at 231km on the straight so I?m looking forward to getting as close to 300km as I dare on the s1k.

Anyway, enough from me, and thanks again for having me.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Thanks for the great welcome post [emoji846]
The Gen 4 will be a superb track day bike, though your Daytona must have been great fun! How long had you had the Triumph for and how has the ownership experience been?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many great times on road and track with your new Gen 4 [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Thanks for the great welcome post [emoji846]
The Gen 4 will be a superb track day bike, though your Daytona must have been great fun! How long had you had the Triumph for and how has the ownership experience been?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many great times on road and track with your new Gen 4 [emoji41]

Thanks Oli. I?ve had the Daytona for a year or so and I?ll be keeping it. It?s an absolute gem on the track and I couldn?t bear to sell it so I think I?ll alternate between the two on track days. I try to go at least once a month so there?s plenty of time to include both the Daytona and the RR.

I also have a 2021 Z900 as my road bike. It?s extremely comfortable and I can easily ride 700km days without a problem.

Eastern Creek looks like a really nice circuit, looks like you need a lot of balls to take the first left hander properly before yanking on the brakes for a hairpin? I went to a FX race meet there a few years ago. WSBK was at Philip Island the same day and maybe that why the guys at the gate had trouble believing I wanted to pay to come in. Most of the 139 other spectators (I counted them) were associated with racers in some way. Surreal to be at such an empty track on the final day of the season. BSB at Brands Hatch has 30-40k. Everyone was really friendly though, enjoyed the day.

Last edited:
Welcome Enzo.. Good to have our Ozzie brothers on here... we've something in common.. I've been to OZ and my bikes got an Ozzie exhaust on it lol..

Cheerz

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back