hill start control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi guys my hill start as stop working,went into the menu to make sure it was turned on,its say off even if i go into manual,or auto, it goes back to say off,,race pro is not on,is it a dealer vist or am i missing something

Just checking..... If it says off, then it's on. If you want off then click on the off which turns it off then the on will show. lol.

In the menu, on the left hand side it shows the current status. On the right hand side there is a right arrow pointing towards what the status will change to if you move the jog wheel to the right.

Personally I tried it and immediately turned it off. It wouldn?t allow me to pull away full stop. MAde me look like a Lerner. Why would an experienced motorcyclist need it anyway. If they can?t pull away by their own control properly, they shouldn?t be riding a 200+ bhp bike. IMHO

Personally I tried it and immediately turned it off. It wouldn?t allow me to pull away full stop. MAde me look like a Lerner. Why would an experienced motorcyclist need it anyway. If they can?t pull away by their own control properly, they shouldn?t be riding a 200+ bhp bike. IMHO

I was like that to start with, once I got used to it it's a doddle just to flick the lever and pull away on an incline (with 200 brake lol )

I think it works pretty well didn't realise it works with the rear brake levet too..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I think it works pretty well didn't realise it works with the rear brake levet too..

Not tried that lol Same as handbrake on a car, on the bite and release. Also comes off without touching the brakes on pulling away if you're not in a hurry.

Last edited:
I read most of the manual while I was waiting for my K67 to be delivered (had plenty of time) , and knowing how HSC is supposed to operate in manual mode it is a doddle to use and can be quite useful on occasions.
Sometimes, doing the "Hendon shuffle" can be fun, but I prefer not to have to do it if I don't fee like it.
The day before my 600 mile service I was out on a social ride with my local IAM group (never let it be said that I don't know how to party;p) and I had to mark a right turn (by sticking my right arm out) on a relatively steep downhill slope. I could have put my left foot down in the muddy gutter and held the bike on the rear brake (it's behind me somewhere I think), or a quick snatch on the front brake and suddenly the bike's going absolutely nowhere until I give it another quick snatch, or start to pull away.

I think it's really handy, particularly on a gradient... works well enough for me, as Keith says flick of the lever or a little more throttle and off you go..

thanks for the replys,i only use the h/s when im trying to find my garage remote while still on the bike,its on a steep incline,so the H/S was very handy for that,but now it doesnt work,the screen just shows a whitish sign with a line thru it,in the menu ive tried to turn it on and off,in manual,auto,but nothing happens

Wonder if its gone out of calibration.
Not heard of it before but probably a main dealer question.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was like that to start with, once I got used to it it's a doddle just to flick the lever and pull away on an incline (with 200 brake lol )

Dont need to do anything but pull away as normal, it disengages as you start to move, i think there?s maybe a bit to much thought going into this handy aid.

Dont need to do anything but pull away as normal, it disengages as you start to move, i think there?s maybe a bit to much thought going into this handy aid.

there is a slight delay if you dont pull away with a good amount of throttle, my missis ways bugger all and it actually makes the bike hesitate unless she gives it quite a bit of throttle and makes her feel stupid in a car park full of bikers. she barely touches the floor too so need precise throttle control to pull away safely. :)

Not what I?ve found. Usual pulling away with rolling off the front brake at the same time rolling out the throttle at the same time as letting out the clutch?.. it?s like your brake is locked on. I?ve never needed it before and won?t be using it in the future. J

Back